Needed: Mixing

psycle_1

Jul 30, 2006
Looking for someone to mix a track for my band. I have officially become burned out on trying to get it to sound the way I want it to. That and it's hard for me to be completely objective since I'm one of the guitarists. Tracks consist of the following:

Vocals
2 guitar DI's
Bass DI
OH L/R
Midi drums

Here is one of my shit mixes. :lol:
http://db.tt/Rj9rmaCt

I can't afford to spend a lot on this, perhaps $50 max.

Thanks

Sloan, BPM is 192.

The midi and live drums are in fact different since the drummer had a hard time playing in time, they were programmed after the fact. I do have the wavs of the drums if anyone wants them, but you'll have to edit the shit out of them to get them in time. That being said, I may have someone for the job. Just waiting on him to respond back.

Frank, nice job on the mix!

Melb_shredder has graciously offered his services, so I am going to work with him. Thanks to everyone that offered!

I honestly didn't expect this many people to want to do a mix for a measly $50 USD (I received over 50 PM's about it). Unfortunately I saw this quickly becoming a mix competition, which I did not want. I chose quickly to avoid too many people wasting their time on it. Didn't mean for anyone to get upset about this.

This is why I dislike the idea of these mix comps that keep coming up, it shouldn't be like that for the work to begin with. I offered to do the mix because I have a little free time up my sleeve and was happy to do it if psycle was keen (and for the price mentioned, I personally don't see the point of competing etc, I just wanted to do something helpful for a fellow forumer that I don't usually have a chance to do). He obviously was, but of course everyone who made some prior unpaid self sacrificing work and effort feel a little cheated or unfairly judged one way or another, which I'm not too fond of at all but is also an inevetibility with these kinds of threads. Didn't mean to cause any displeasure by putting my hand up!

No need for the explanation sir, you were just doing your job. It's only that the decision was made so damn fast before anybody really had a chance to hand over their mixes! But I understand why that was done also, so no hard feelings here.