Neil Turbin ?

Aethyrs

History of a time to come
Aug 31, 2001
Sweden
Visit site
Check this out, anyone heard about this?
There is a few good musicans in the line up, but is Turbins voice good for a power metal sound? I wonder....

Original ANTHRAX vocalist NEIL TURBIN, has joined forces with the progressive power metal twin guitar attack of Kurt James (DR. MASTERMIND, ex-STEELER, ex-DRIVER) and Beau Simpson (ex-FAIL FOR FUN). The rhythm section is powered by the double bass drumming fury of Mikey Neil (CAGE) and bassist Mike Giordano (Cage). As previously reported, the band is set to headline the second stage at the 2005 Monterrey Metal Fest on Saturday, May 28th in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. Four brand new power metal songs have been penned, 'Angry World', 'Die To Live', 'Back From Hell' and 'Afterlife', to be included on Turbin's upcoming sophomore album, to be titled Diary Of A Metal Thrashing Madman and to be released in late 2005. More details as they become available.

Aethyrs said:
Check this out, anyone heard about this?
There is a few good musicans in the line up, but is Turbins voice good for a power metal sound? I wonder....

Original ANTHRAX vocalist NEIL TURBIN, has joined forces with the progressive power metal twin guitar attack of Kurt James (DR. MASTERMIND, ex-STEELER, ex-DRIVER) and Beau Simpson (ex-FAIL FOR FUN). The rhythm section is powered by the double bass drumming fury of Mikey Neil (CAGE) and bassist Mike Giordano (Cage). As previously reported, the band is set to headline the second stage at the 2005 Monterrey Metal Fest on Saturday, May 28th in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. Four brand new power metal songs have been penned, 'Angry World', 'Die To Live', 'Back From Hell' and 'Afterlife', to be included on Turbin's upcoming sophomore album, to be titled Diary Of A Metal Thrashing Madman and to be released in late 2005. More details as they become available.

I am not familiar with his work. I was never a big Anthrax fan. They were cool and fun in concert, but not great on record for me. I think I have heard Cage before though. It wasn't something that jumped out at me, but not bad. Who knows how it might sound.

Bryant

If he's still got his voice from that first Anthrax album, it'll be a storm. I still say he was their best singer. He had fucking POWER!