Nekrogoblikon

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
They got mention here once before as a joke. But while listening to the various metal bands that submitted stuff to Ernie Balls Music Man Battle of the Bands.... I came across them again. So show your support! (They are the best band I've heard on there so far too....)

http://www.battleofthebands.com/profile.php?path=nekrogoblikon

Goblin Metal Forever! =D

((This thread is mostly a joke. I just found it funny I came across them there. And they crack me up))

No way....we've had a running joke about bands with names like that. We did a myspace bulletin saying that we were playing a show with Agamemnoniconicatron F5 the other day.

goblins are better than troooolls!!!

i think all metal fans should enjoy a dose of pure absurdity like this from time to time (a Metalocalypse episode, a Manowar video, a Gwar/Lordi show etc.).

as long as it's not purposefully disrespecting the metal genre, it's perfectly entertaining and fine by me. and i don't think these guys are.

goblins are better than troooolls!!!

i think all metal fans should enjoy a dose of pure absurdity like this from time to time (a Metalocalypse episode, a Manowar video, a Gwar/Lordi show etc.).

as long as it's not purposefully disrespecting the metal genre, it's perfectly entertaining and fine by me. and i don't think these guys are.

Hell yeah. If they all dressed up as Uruk-Hai and goblins on stage, I'd definitely enjoy the hell outta this band! It's absurdly entertaining.

I know I brought them up at some point during a death vocals debate but I don't know if it was here. They are quite amusing. I came across them while looking up folk & viking metal ~3-4 months ago. They have a myspace with like 4 songs up.

Hooboy. We really need to put out our PLUS ONE MACE power metal side project entitled "Mysteries of the Unknown". It'll include such classics as "The X Files", "Chupacabra (What The F**K is A)", "The Bermuda Triangle", "Crop Circles", and many others. Why not????

GOBLINS AHOY!!! Nekrogoblikon is supreme goblin metal...made by goblins for goblins..."keep it goblin"!!! I like this band because they are creative and ridiculously original.

Who the fuck cares what a band's name is?

Damn, you're right. It wasn't funny at all. Sorry. We're changing our name to Halcyonica Wayicatronica. Because who cares, right?

It's just funny because Necrogoblin are making fun of a metal cliche, and so are we with these fake band names.

Of course, when you have to explain why something is funny....well ya know.

Of course, when you have to explain why something is funny....well ya know.

Oh, we know. It means when you're the only one laughing it wasn't funny to begin with. Really, find something better to do than ripping on other stuff.

If you have something productive to say, say it. If you don't... it's simple, don't.

Oh, we know. It means when you're the only one laughing it wasn't funny to begin with. Really, find something better to do than ripping on other stuff.

If you have something productive to say, say it. If you don't... it's simple, don't.

whatever. i love forums. All of a sudden I'm "ripping" on this band - who actually are good, and are making fun of stuff. Which I think is cool.... And weren't other people laughing about it above? What's wrong with having fun at the expense of a cliche? Like Necrogoblin, Manowar, Dream Evil, and a million other bands do? There's got to be 100 bands whose names end with "ica" or "icon" or whatever....because Metallica did and it is now a cliche.

Heavy metal is a bunch of cliches, doesn't mean it's not cool. If you don't agree with that statement....you're wrong. People have been singing about D&D stuff for 30 years. How about power metal bands wearing poet shirts? Black metal bands wearing corpsepaint? Judas Priest doing "Lochness"? But if you can't laugh at it some, you're taking it and yourself WAY too seriously.

Heavy metal is a bunch of cliches, doesn't mean it's not cool. If you don't agree with that statement....you're wrong.

Yes, you are absolutely right. I couldn't agree more. Good to know you are on the right side of this fence after all. It was honestly hard to tell. I just don't hesitate to call folks out when it even appears metal is dumping on metal... it happens a lot, and it's a weird form of cannibalism btwn the sub-genres I don't get.

What it comes down to for me is you either laugh "with* metal absurdity... or laugh *at* it. If you're laughing with, you obviously enjoy and get the cliches of metal you described very well, be them Iced Earth cool or Manowar cheese. Make no mistake, there are both. Make no mistake, both are worth throwing horns for. That makes one a metalhead.

On the contrary, if you're laughing at, you're not a metalhead and probably have the jewel cases of your Richard Marx discography polished to a glossy, mirror finish. And, oh yeah, those green goblin bastards will come take your skin... but that's neither here nor there. My final two cents on this one.

Heh.....what if I'm laughing *with*....BUT I have a shiny Richard Marx CD too?

J/K....but my first tape was El De Barge. ADMITTING that makes me metal!!!! =)

95310988124040_0.jpg

Everybody, go get the sand out, and go back to laughing about funny stuff. Like, funny-as-hell goblin metal. And throw the horns up. \m/

*loads Goblinspace page*