Neurosis - Given To The Rising

8.5/10 : the best since ToG. It makes me like ASTNS and TEOES more, whereas they were the weakest links in the last seven albums. No lame track. Maybe the first time that on first listen I thought 'stagnation' but in fact they're really inspired.. for instance take "Water is not enough".. it sounded quite sub-par at first but within the album that's one of the tracks I'm always headganging to. They never disappoint it seems..

TOOOOO THEEEEEEEEEEEEE WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

:kickass:

Best thing they've done since Enemy Of The Sun (yep, I now have every Neurosis release). The Eye Of Every Storm was a step too far into ambient inoffensive background music territory for me, which was a disappointment considering how much I loved A Sun That Never Sets. This one, though - holy SHIT.

So far it's slightly below the last two albums for me (subject to change with repeated listens of course), but there's little doubt that it's yet another album of Neurosis at the top of their game...I second the 8.5 rating and consider To The Wind and Distill to be among the best songs in their catalogue.