Neurosis live?

Apparently they dropped the video projections, which were getting old. I'm sure the new stuff comes through much better in a more simple environment.

The only time I saw them live (Roadburn 2010) was amazing.

I don't "get" what's so great about this band and that didn't change after I saw them in 2011. After 30 minutes of their set I had enough and it dragged on from there. Their performance wasn't bad but I don't think it would sway someone's opinion of them.

I've seen them twice, and saw them a few weeks ago. It was pretty fucking ace, if you like their music. I do not recommend it if you are luke warm.

I'm kicking myself a little for missing them a few weeks ago, but I am a pretty big fan.

Since you're not, ehh, might not be worth it. But, I can say that them in concert is quite an experience (I think I was at this show actually):

Honestly if this song/performance doesn't kick your dick in, it's pretty safe to say that Neurosis are not for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I blame the grey streak in my hair. It's bleeding what little testosterone I had left.

caught Neurosis/Sleep/Vhol Friday night. Neurosis did 3 special '30th anniversary' shows in SF on Fri, Sat, Sun with different openers and different career-spanning sets each night. Neurosis and Sleep fuckin ruled, Vhol was aight.

Neurosis:
  1. Lost
  2. Times of Grace
  3. Water Is Not Enough
  4. Pain of Mind
  5. To What End?
  6. Left to Wander
  7. At the Well
  8. Takeahnase
  9. Self-Taught Infection
  10. Day of the Lords (Joy Division)
  11. An Offering
  12. Through Silver in Blood
  13. Stones from the Sky
SLEEP:
  1. Holy Mountain
  2. The Clarity
  3. Dragonaut
  4. Sonic Titan (seemed like kind of a jam version)
  5. From Beyond
  6. Dopesmoker (10-15 min of it)