Neurothing - Vanishing Celestial Bodies

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
Neurothing - Vanishing Celestial Bodies
Gomek.com - 016 - 2005
By Brandon Strader

Neurothing.jpg

Neurothing are bringing their Hatebreed and Meshuggah worship to the compact disc. Never really liked Hatebreed--they're the kind of band you have to stomach through while waiting for the good bands at Ozzfest while it's raining. This brief EP, "Vanishing Celestial Bodies", has your typical politically-fueled lyrics, and typical hardcore screaming, yet the production is nice and crunchy.

Unlike Hatebreed, Neurothing display some real instrumental talent and picking speed. The opener, "Never Core", oozes Hatebreed until the very end, when the music shifts into strict Meshuggah territory. "Macheta" actually sounds like a Meshuggah cover... and so does "Anomaly"... "Vanishing Celestial Bodies", the title track, goes back to Hatebreed a bit, but still leaks some Meshuggah on my shoe.

Great production and fantastic performances, but the band has no identity... If I wanted to hear either of the frequently aforementioned bands, then I would listen to them. Why get a knock off when you could have the real thing? When Meshuggah and Hatebreed go out of work after breaking a hip, then Neurothing could really make it big.

Official Neurothing Website
Official Gomek.com Website