NEVE PRE-AMP

Doesn't sound cocky, just kind of dumb considering you can get the same preamp circuitry with as good if not better build quality and features for the same if not cheaper.

I've heard the real one and the BAE and can't tell a damn difference (U87 side by side). As far as I can tell it's not worth the extra money for the original parts and full of lead solder.

As far as I can tell Brent Avril nails it as close as they legally can. I have never heard any of the Vintech stuff but I'm sure it's also good.

I love my BAE1073 MP. It has this nice silky crunch to it when I drive it slightly. Especially dynamic mics (like my 57 for recording guitars) seem to benefit even more from this preamp than my condensers.
Regarding the "real Neve" thing: If you have those AMS Neve 1073DPA/DPD's in mind, 1) they say "Neve" on the front, but in fact it's "AMS Neve", which is not quite the same and 2) the DPA/DPD's are built with SMDs while a BAE's circuit is closer to a "real" vintage 1073 than those. This does not mean, the DPA/DPD's sound worse or something.