Never knew Scott got arrested at Yankee Stadium

See the Lyrics to the S.O.D song "shenanigans". Not only is there a verse or two in there about this incident but it is also my favorite song off of Bigger then the devil.

Yeah, also on Metal Sludge, in one of their Thanksgiving things, not sure which years, they said "Scott Ian is thankful George Steinbrenner doesn't hold grudges." I didn't know what they were talking about until I found it in an ancient Metal Edge Metalwire not even looking for it. They also touched on it in his 20Q.

I didn't think it was at Yankee Stadium, I thought it was at their training facility in Florida that he tried to steal whatever it was. Either way it's a damn funny story.

Reminds me of when I was in high school and me and my buddies got caught trying to steal a Big Boy. You know, you can find people selling those things on eBay....

j

Oh yeah, Brat, I forgot he was kind of local...
Well, for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Big Boy is the mascot for a chain of restaurants that started out as drive-ins back in the 50's. Now they are more or less like Denny's. Big Boy is this chubby kid who wears red and white checkered bibs and has a Ronald Reagan haircut. They have these six foot tall statues of him in front of each restaurant. It's kind of a mid-west tradition to get drunk with six of your buddies and try to steal one (along with cow-tipping and beating up long-haired metal heads and skate punks).
Now that I sit and think about it, I feel kind of silly. It was probably the most red-neck thing I have ever done....

j

I think there might be a Big Boy out here actually. I don't remember exactly where, but my husband got excited about it cause he's from Michigan and gets all worked up when he sees shit like that. Nearly drove us off the road when he saw Hungry Howie's the first time...Otherwise I wouldn't have known what you were talking about either.

Oh my lord, hungry howies and big boy, it makes me remember of living most of my life in Michigan.

The other place I can't remember was this great submarine sandwich place that was only back there. mmmmmmm, that was good.

Hey, Sean, you know there's like 4 Hungry Howie's out here now, right?? The owner from Michigan started them, he's from Deerborn. My husband has talked and reminisced with him many times. I'm not sure where the other two are, but there's one at 46th St and Thomas and one at Hayden and Thomas. I've heard him talk about that sub place, but I don't remember the name he told me either. But now that I think about it, I think that Big Boy closed and it USED to be over by Arizona Mills, where that strip club is going in or on that block very near to it. And I won't get started on New York food, it'll make me cry and get some wicked cravings...