neverheads tell me about tivo

Mike

Jan 11, 2004
Denzel, WA.
seriously, im sick of missing dethklok and all this other shit i tell myself to remember to watch and forget to tune in to.

so what do i do? just buy a tivo at bestbuy, plug it in and program shit in? or is there more to it than that?

TiVo now offers the "whole package." TiVo Packages start at $16.95 per month* and include a TiVo box and the amazing TiVo service together!

TiVo works with:
Cable box (digital or analog)
Satellite receiver
Cable (with or without a converter box)
Rooftop antenna
Old-fashioned "rabbit ears"

TiVo is also compatible with virtually any:
VCR
DVD Players
Most TVs

A standard phone line is required once during setup. You can then continue to use your phone or connect your box to an existing wired or wireless home network and broadband. Your TiVo® box will never interfere with your phone service or Internet connection.

Note: You may have to purchase networking equipment and services including routers, antennas, adapters, cabling, and broadband internet access to incorporate your Series2TM DVR into your home network.

someone posted this on "Yahoo Answers"

Tito has a really simple and easy to use interface. It makes suggestions on shows you might like based on your viewing habits. Also, you can record shows at least two weeks into the future. If you have high speed Internet you can log on to TiVo's web site to set your TiVo to record a show for you while you are out. Their staff is very friendly and helpful over the phone. An 80 hour model is good for two people with plenty of room left over. Their web site is currently offering a package where you rent the TiVo like you would a cable box. It is a good way to try the service out. Good luck. One you go TiVo you'll never go back. You life and schedule will no longer revolve around prime time television. You can no finally control your TV.

looks good to me, even though they called it Tito

buzz21 said:
trust me - once you get it, you will wonder how you ever lived without it!
QFT! Really, I don't even know when dethklok is on, but my tivo does & records every one for me. And if you have an hour long show that you like, you can start watching it 1/2 hour after it starts & rewind it, then just FF thru all the commercials. :headbang:

2 more things.

if i buy a cheap tivo on ebay, i can activate it? and how much is it a month or a year, or lifetime,

and if i record a show, and i only pay for a month, after that month, can i still watch that show on my tivo or does my tivo block it till i start paying again?

my buddy gave me his tivo series2 box tonight, 80gb hard drive. i set up my year subscription and set a couple movies to record this week online to see how this works... and with that tivo to go thing, i may have finally found a good use for my psp

loving the tivo so far, goes great with the new tv. i just wish there was a Tivo HD recorder that didnt cost 800 fucking dollars

woot, i got dethklok set to record all episodes
The ones in the next 2 weeks that its getting are called

Birthdayface
Mordland
Dethtroll

do any of these have the guys from nevermore in it?

tivo owners, if i have something set to record tonight at 9, and im watching another channel, does it still record what i told it to?