Neverheadz thought on: MASTODON????

they aren't bad, that's for sure, but they haven't proved themselves enough for me to buy their stuff.

They're definately a step up from the conventional stuff we're beginning to hear. I personally like them a lot.

I do enjoy them. The first time I heard them was when they were opening for a band (which I cannot remember) a few years ago, and totally blew the band I went to see away with a very solid performance. So I went and bought Remission, enjoyed it alot. Then I bought Leviathan later, which I enjoyed a bit more.

meets BBQ Sauce meets Salamander meets French Toast meets German Bologna meets Charles Manson meets Oak meets Radiator meets Louis CK meets bottle meets Olive Garden meets carpet meets chocolate meets Tim Allen meets Congress meets camel meets water meets feather meets modem meets steam meets Carrot Top.

I love them.

I remember when a friend of mine brough their demo / promo to my house
and played it at the background and I couldn;t listen to a word he was talking about but to the CD that was playing in the background...
They kick ass live too.

Kinda hit-and-miss with me...I have Leviathan and I like it to some extent, but some days it's better than others. A friend of mine really loves them and would probably bear their goat-children if he could, but I'm undecided.

Will Bozarth said:
meets BBQ Sauce meets Salamander meets French Toast meets German Bologna meets Charles Manson meets Oak meets Radiator meets Louis CK meets bottle meets Olive Garden meets carpet meets chocolate meets Tim Allen meets Congress meets camel meets water meets feather meets modem meets steam meets Carrot Top.

Bozarth, you smart ass. Ha! Ha! But do you like Mastodon??? Anyway, when are we going to hear some new Distorted Mind material???

Take care and good luck.

ZANEX said:
Bozarth, you smart ass. Ha! Ha! But do you like Mastodon??? Anyway, when are we going to hear some new Distorted Mind material???

Take care and good luck.

:tickled: I don't really rememeber what songs I've heard, but they were a while ago, and if I can't remember what they sounded like, it's generally a bad start. I'll probably download some stuff and give them a shot, but my current attitude is "meh"

new DM material in roughly 2 months. we're recording our full length (estimated to be 70 minutes) next month.

MajestikMøøse said:
Mastodon sucks. Leviathan was a huge waste of my money. Don't buy into the hype.
I pretty much agree. Except for the part about it being a huge waste of my money because I wasn't dumb enough to buy it.

Remission > Leviathan I think. The first 5 tracks of Remission are great metal songs. But I'd say if you combined the 2 albums, only half of the songs would be really good. You can tell that most of their music is based around letting the drummer go nuts, which is kind of interesting.

I don't like them, but they are sure as hell a lot better than the As I Lay Cryings and Atreyus out there.

I've seen them live twice and they are OK but nothing that makes me want to rush out and get the CD. The drummer spends too much time on the snare and not enough on the kick drums so they don't always groove like they could.