Neverheadz thought on: MASTODON????

i thoroughly enjoy mastodon...March of The Fire Ants is an awesome song. I'm still taking in the newest album its got some cool shit..but I get a sense of them ...especially with the vocals...trying to be mroe commercial and it doesn't really appeal to me.

Leviathan was definitely one of the best albums of 2004 and from what I've heard from the new one it's going to be just as good. I also saw them headlining with The Burning Brides opening a few years ago and both bands were fantastic live.

buzz21 said:
I've seen them live twice and they are OK but nothing that makes me want to rush out and get the CD. The drummer spends too much time on the snare and not enough on the kick drums so they don't always groove like they could.

haha, riiiiiight :rolleyes:

ZANEX said:
O.K. Heard both pro and con. I can understand not liking the vocals. But to me the drummer is awesome.
yeah theyre drummer is good. the only thing bugs me about him is his kit. he has a polka dotted kit like randy rhodes had a polka dotted guitar. i heard that randy died on the day he was born and so he thinks he has some resemblance to randy.