Nevermore in Nottingham, UK

Pitiless Wanderer

Jun 14, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
Is anyone else going to this show, a week from today in Nottingham? Im making the trek from London...just booked a hotel room and I'm so fucking excited for two reasons...first, this will be my second time seeing them live and Ive been waiting sice December 2003, and second...because I get to see them again the next night in London!!!

Anyways...what's to do in Nottingham besides see the castle and shop? Im arriving mid-day and want to spend time doing tourist stuff in the city before the show. Anyone know any good touristy shit do in Nottingham?

Well, there are a few museums and galleries dotted about the place that you could check out...

There's the "City of Caves" which you could go see if you wanted
http://www.cityofcaves.co.uk/

I'm sure there's a whole load of Robin Hood type stuff you could check out too, you might even be able to go to Sherwood Forest which is a National Nature Reserve now...

This site might be able to help you out more: http://www.nottinghamshiretourism.co.uk/

S'ok!

My mate goes to university in Nottingham, and as such I've been up to visit him once or twice so I've been around the place a little bit... I've never been in the caves but I've seen them from the outside and they look pretty cool... Am (hopefully) going back up there soon to see fucking Motorhead (university course permitting)!!!!

Anyone on here coming to the Dudley show on Tuesday? I'll be there, on my own, don't know how I'm going to survive!

Oh, and does anyone with a lot of concert experiance know when it will finish? Since they start doors open at 7:30 and I need to catch the last train back which is at midnight!

Raidea said:
Anyone on here coming to the Dudley show on Tuesday? I'll be there, on my own, don't know how I'm going to survive!

Oh, and does anyone with a lot of concert experiance know when it will finish? Since they start doors open at 7:30 and I need to catch the last train back which is at midnight!

just hobo it on a bench til sunrise.

(im guessing hobo means the same thing in american english as it does in British english...hopefully it doesn't mean booby or something)

hey dude im going to the notts gig tomorrow and to be honest ive never really found notts that thrilling there are a few music shops to be found and a decent enough metal bar all near enough not far from the center square [with the fountains and shit] you wont miss it