Nevermore

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Anyone into them?
Gimme some info...

Who are they similar to... Songs to download....Album to start with etc.

Are they prog metal or more straight up, wait up, give a brother room metal?

I've heard some good reviews on their latest album The Godless Endevour and also wanted to check out Dead Heart in a Dead world for a while but always had other things to get first.

Spruce Goose said:
Anyone into them?
Gimme some info...

Who are they similar to... Songs to download....Album to start with etc.

Are they prog metal or more straight up, wait up, give a brother room metal?

I've heard some good reviews on their latest album The Godless Endevour and also wanted to check out Dead Heart in a Dead world for a while but always had other things to get first.

Hmm, they are quite a unique band mate and I would consider them to be Thrash/Heavy/Power culmination. Their music is highly seven string guitar driven which gives it that really low chunky tone. I would no way call them prog, way more straight up. Warrel Dane the singer has a very dark toned voice which is clean and very melodic. And the rest of the band including Jeff Loomis the guitarist provide very good music. God he is one hell of a shredder, there is a clip of him when he was 16 on his website and its nuts. I would start off with Death Heart in a Dead World and This Godless Endeavour as they really are top shit. I also quite enjoyed the Enemies Of Reality remix.

Anyway enjoy dude.

Warrel Dane has a very unique voice, but is one hell of a vocalist. His vocals with Sanctuary sound very Ripper-ish, but he has developed into his own original voice since. Still capable of the high stuff though, great range.

Jeff Loomis is one of the best guitarists around today. I think his next project is actually a shred album, which he has said he wants to do in the vain of Speed Metal Symphony, etc. He is awesome. As said above, he does a lot of seven string stuff, so there is a lot of bottom end power in the music, but not in a somewhat nu metal way, like some seven string Fear Factory stuff. It rocks.

Dead Heart In A Dead World would be the best place to start, but all their albums are quality. Just get it. :headbang:

His vocals take a while to get use to............
I'd go for what everyone else recommended, Dead Heart in a Dead World.... Favourite songs off that album = 'the heart collector', 'narcosynthesis', 'engines of hate'. I haven't heard much of their old stuff, I need to check it out.

Nevermore are great. One of the best of the current pure metal bands going around. I've seen and heard people knocking them for sounding "nu-metal" because Loomis uses a low-tuned seven string, but these people are idiots.

Dead Heart in a Dead World is the album to get,definately my favourite.
Great band but their albums do take a few spins to get into.