Nevermore news

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Producer Andy Sneap (MACHINE HEAD, ARCH ENEMY, SKINLAB, MASTERPLAN) is reportedly remixing NEVERMORE's "Enemies of Reality" album for re-release via the Century Media label in early 2005.

"Enemies Of Reality" (2003) was originally recorded in Seattle with producer Kelly Gray (QUEENSRŸCHE, SLAVE TO THE SYSTEM, DOKKEN) and was widely criticized for its muddy, inferior production compared to that of its predecessor, 2000's "Dead Heart in a Dead World", which was produced by Sneap.

NEVERMORE are expected to enter the studio with Sneap in February 2005 to begin recording their follow-up to "Enemies Of Reality", tentatively due late summer/early fall via Century Media.

Im glad they are remixing/remastering Enemies Of Reality, it sounds like shit at the moment :(

Also: New Nevermore album = :worship:

Is it really worth remixing though? Just how much will it be improved?

Well considering I cant even really listen to the album because it sounds so muddy and shitty, I think it will be much better. Seed Awakening, Enemies Of Reality and Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday are all amazing, and I never really listened to it all that much after about a week, as the production annoyed the hell out of me :(

Lucky nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy it then.

I think people way over reacted about the production on Enemies Of Reality, just because it doesn't sound as good as it's predecessor. It still sounds fine to my ears, and I think it is a good solid album. Noumenon/Seed Awakening are fucking unreal, some of Nevermore's best stuff, and there is other great songs on there too. I really like I, Voyager.

Sure, a new version will sound better, but I'm not going to bother with it, my copy sounds fine.

New album = :kickass:

I think is sounds crudtacular, WAY too much bass, the guitars are muddy as all hell, and the bass drum is almost non existant, even the band hates the mix (obviously enough!)

I liked EOR. Not as much as DHIDW, but that was a hard album to top. It will be nice remixed, as it will finally get the recognition it deserves. It's a shame such great songs are neglected because the production isn't the greatest.

Im sure they will add some other stuff to the cd as well, video clips etc. :worship:

Anyway, I think the difference for this will be even better than the difference between the old Burnt Offerings and the new one, so it will rule :)

That is kind of a good point actually, I would have said the same thing about Burnt Offerings before hearing that remixed as well, but the remix of that is absolutely fucking amazingly good. The difference, though, is that BO is a KILLER album, where as EOR is just a good album.

The production on Enemies Of Reality is better than Dreaming Neon Black.