'Enemies Of Reality' To Be Remixed By ANDY SNEAP, Reissued In Early 2005

A Gruesome Discovery

Mmmm... sacrilicious!
Aug 23, 2004
Boston, MA
www.agruesomediscovery.com
Courtesy of Blabbermouth:

"Producer Andy Sneap (MACHINE HEAD, ARCH ENEMY, SKINLAB, MASTERPLAN) is reportedly remixing NEVERMORE's "Enemies of Reality" album for re-release via the Century Media label in early 2005.

"Enemies Of Reality" (2003) was originally recorded in Seattle with producer Kelly Gray (QUEENSRŸCHE, SLAVE TO THE SYSTEM, DOKKEN) and was widely criticized for its muddy, inferior production compared to that of its predecessor, 2000's "Dead Heart in a Dead World", which was produced by Sneap.

NEVERMORE are expected to enter the studio with Sneap in February 2005 to begin recording their follow-up to "Enemies Of Reality", tentatively due late summer/early fall via Century Media."

Is this true? And if so, is this the best thing to ever happen?!

EOR is a blackspot in Nevermore's discography!
I'm a big fan since ever! But..
I bought this CD as soon as it was out! Got completed pissed off when I played it 1st time!
If its true that Andy is remixing EOR I think that this is the record company trying to recover from some bad sales!

ONCE AN ERROR ALWAYS AN ERROR!!!

I really hate the sound of EOR! There's digital distortion and even a few audible "tics" caused by serious bad editing! The songs are ok but anyway the production really sucks!
C'mon guys we can hear demos from people in this forum sounding better than that!
Kelly who??? He's he on drugs or what?!

I can't wait to hear the new album!! Made by M. Sneap! :hotjump:

So, Andy, what's the newest scoop? What have you done to improve it? Tricks, Techniques, etc? Your public wants answers! :D

Seriously, the Kelly Grey production job ruined it for me, and I am looking forward to your remixes. Perhaps this will help me to get a full understanding of my earlier question about remix and remaster vs reproduce here on your forum.

Let this be a lesson to Century Media not to screw around with a good thing. And Andy, any updates on any new Exodus plans? :headbang:

MR NINE said:
EOR is a blackspot in Nevermore's discography!
I'm a big fan since ever! But..
I bought this CD as soon as it was out! Got completed pissed off when I played it 1st time!
If its true that Andy is remixing EOR I think that this is the record company trying to recover from some bad sales!

ONCE AN ERROR ALWAYS AN ERROR!!!

I really hate the sound of EOR! There's digital distortion and even a few audible "tics" caused by serious bad editing! The songs are ok but anyway the production really sucks!
C'mon guys we can hear demos from people in this forum sounding better than that!
Kelly who??? He's he on drugs or what?! I can't wait to hear the new album!! Made by M. Sneap! :hotjump:

what a cynical attitude… are you seriously condemning the record company for “trying to recover from bad sales”?? and how would this be a bad thing when the net result is that they are willing to put more effort and attention into a great band that deserves it, and we will be able finally enjoy the great songs of EOR that were previously next to unlistenable??? The label aren’t the only ones who will benefit from this… the band will as well, and so shall we.

Trust me, having heard some of the remix work Andy has done you can rest assured that all the problems you mentioned are now gone or unnoticeable … I believe that you will be amazed at the results. I understand your desire to hear an album of new material from Nevermore with Andy at the helm from the beginning .. but don’t sell the EOR remixed version short.. you will be shocked and pleased to hear how much better the songs sound.. and how much more they stick in your memory!

:headbang:

Agreed James. Very much looking forward to this release. I love Nevermore and it saddened me that they got fucked with the production of this album. I'm so glad that Andy is back to do it justice!

No matter how bad the mix was on EoR, the songs are still bad-ass. That part in "Tomorrow.." where Warrel starts sounding like he did in the Sanctuary days made my hair stand on end.

Of course the re-mix will be killer, more cds to buy.. hehe Just got Kreator's new one 2 days ago, and that rips, Andy can do no wrong, IMO.

BTW: Wave Kaz, haven't seen you since the Megadeth boards. :)

James Murphy said:
what a cynical attitude… are you seriously condemning the record company for “trying to recover from bad sales”?? and how would this be a bad thing when the net result is that they are willing to put more effort and attention into a great band that deserves it, and we will be able finally enjoy the great songs of EOR that were previously next to unlistenable??? The label aren’t the only ones who will benefit from this… the band will as well, and so shall we.

Trust me, having heard some of the remix work Andy has done you can rest assured that all the problems you mentioned are now gone or unnoticeable … I believe that you will be amazed at the results. I understand your desire to hear an album of new material from Nevermore with Andy at the helm from the beginning .. but don’t sell the EOR remixed version short.. you will be shocked and pleased to hear how much better the songs sound.. and how much more they stick in your memory!

:headbang:

Hey! Hey! Heeeeeyyyy!!!
Don't take me wrong James!
Nevermore are one of my favourite bands! Ever!!! I'm a fan of these guys since Sanctuary days!
I'm not pointing the finger to anyone, but as you said "that they are willing to put more effort and attention into a great band that deserves it," I must say:
where was their effort when they decide to change producer an even put them out of their record company?!?... I mean could you go back and put a record out sounding bad after your 2 albuns (that by the way I like a lot!)?
I'ts just my point of view, and besides that, I was really pissed off when I heard the "EOR". :ill:
By the way what's your opinion on the sound of the CD?
I'm eating my nails while I'm waiting to hear the remix by Andy!!!
Once again James! Don't take me wrong. I'm a musician and I work in a studio and when you are playing the game and not just watching it, you can see and notice a lot of things going on that normal viewers can't! (Hope my english is correct here!?)
All the best!

Thanks Hopkins! You're quite right!
But I was really meaning what's going on on the backstage! Or behind the curtain!...
Damn I must seriously study more english! He, he!
Cheers!

MR NINE said:
Hey! Hey! Heeeeeyyyy!!!
Don't take me wrong James!
Nevermore are one of my favourite bands! Ever!!! I'm a fan of these guys since Sanctuary days!
I'm not pointing the finger to anyone, but as you said "that they are willing to put more effort and attention into a great band that deserves it," I must say:
where was their effort when they decide to change producer an even put them out of their record company?!?... I mean could you go back and put a record out sounding bad after your 2 albuns (that by the way I like a lot!)?
I'ts just my point of view, and besides that, I was really pissed off when I heard the "EOR". :ill:
By the way what's your opinion on the sound of the CD?
I'm eating my nails while I'm waiting to hear the remix by Andy!!!
Once again James! Don't take me wrong. I'm a musician and I work in a studio and when you are playing the game and not just watching it, you can see and notice a lot of things going on that normal viewers can't! (Hope my english is correct here!?)
All the best!

hey, no worries, but from your last statement i get the feeling that you think perhaps i'm just a "viewer", as you put it. i've either recorded, mixed, or mastered... or some combination thereof... 6 , perhaps more, commercial releases in this past year alone... my latest completed work being the mastering of the new Novembers Doom for The End Records that was mixed by Dan Swano. what else could you mean, since you obviously feel that i don't share in your unique viewpoint as a "player of the game"? the EOR remix is a win-win stituation... great for all parties involved. i am just perplexed at what it is you had a problem with. relax man.. enjoy the new mix when it's released... the label and the band both had their reasons for all that happened on the original EOR release... if you really are a "player" you will know what i mean. ;)

thanks for the compliment about my Cd's, i'm really glad you like them and i appreciate you taking a moment to tell me. thanks! :D

By all means, no I don't think you are a "viewer"!
You are (and you know that!) a "Player"!!!
P.s- C'mon how is it sounding?!!... you can tell me nobody's listening! (he, he, he)
Cheers James!

MR NINE said:
By all means, no I don't think you are a "viewer"!
You are (and you know that!) a "Player"!!!
P.s- C'mon how is it sounding?!!... you can tell me nobody's listening! (he, he, he)
Cheers James!

how's what sounding?