NEVERMORE: 'Enemies Of Reality' Remix Completed -

devilmanozzy

Mar 25, 2003
Tampa, Fl
www.mdarrj.com
From Blabbermouth:

Last Updated: January 16, 2005 11:00 PM
NEVERMORE: 'Enemies Of Reality' Remix Completed - Jan. 16, 2005

Producer Andy Sneap (MACHINE HEAD, ARCH ENEMY, SKINLAB, MASTERPLAN) has finished remixing NEVERMORE's "Enemies of Reality" album for re-release via the Century Media label in the spring.
Commented Sneap: "I finished the remixes [Saturday] night [Jan. 15] bar a couple of vocals that got lost somewhere between Seattle and the U.K. (only a whisper and a scream so Warrel [Dane, NEVERMORE singer] redid them [on Saturday]). It's sounding a lot clearer and really, REALLY heavy so I think [the fans will] be happy. I'm really enjoying listening to it myself, which says something because usually I'm fed up of an album once I've done it.
"Don't know what the release date is but Century Media are anxious to get it so I'm presuming it'll be spring sometime. It usually takes 6-8 weeks minimum to get an album out from when masters are delivered."
"Enemies of Reality" (2003) was originally recorded in Seattle with producer Kelly Gray (QUEENSRŸCHE, SLAVE TO THE SYSTEM, DOKKEN) and was widely criticized for its muddy, inferior production compared to that of its predecessor, 2000's "Dead Heart in a Dead World", which was produced by Sneap.
NEVERMORE are expected to enter the studio with Sneap in the next few weeks to begin recording their follow-up to "Enemies Of Reality", tentatively due late summer/early fall via Century Media.

Anyways, I remember posting that I thought the albumed terrable. Well It seems I'm not the *Only* one anymore. Now get over it! Yes I'm a fan of Nevermore, but the sound on the new album sucked. Plain and simple.

Id rather have them zoom to the followup album, but it should be interesting to hear EoR reproduced, tomorrow turned into yesterday will probably come out nice.

I'm excited to listen to it, but I don't have a huge problem with the first mix, after i got into it...

I do hate buying remasters though, and I don't do it, unless I don't have the original initially, then I go for the remaster

It is a good thing though, now they can get more people to buy it, that were put off by the first one, like that fool who started this thread.

(only a whisper and a scream so Warrel [Dane, NEVERMORE singer] redid them [on Saturday]).
------------------------

I'm curious the scream. :dopey:

Hi there Tee
it has nothing to do with this thread, I know, but how´s the metal scene in Zagreb? You know, we don´t hear much on the news nowadays on what´s going on down there since the war ended. I´m also interested in how the situation is for young people now; music, studying, work and so on. Maybe you know any forum where one can discuss that with people actually living there?
Anyway, if nevermore haven´t played nearby you I hope they will, they are a great live band!

Best regards from sweden

Here's my review I wrote on amazon a year ago. I think this remix will answer a lot of peoples problems. I'm sorry but sme of us don't dig noise in the recording and mud.

Title: There is no Stronger Drug than Reality,
stars: 3/5
Date: February 21, 2004
Reviewer:Devilmanozzy

I'll make this review very simple. Here are the negatives: -A album that sounds like it was mixed at the bottom of the ocean, god I hope they can remaster this someday the right way! -How can 40 minutes be a full length album?! This should be a EP. Now here's the review of the tracks:

1. Enemies Of Reality -A masterpiece of a heavy song. If the album had more songs like this, it would have been quite a album. . . . 95%

2. Ambivalent - A odd song that sounds like something of a mix of everything they have done musically on the last 3 albums. Decent track. . . . 90%
3. Never Purify - A very interesting Chorus this song has. It's a decent track. . . . 90%
4. Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday - This song somewhat reminds me of "Believe in Nothing". It's ok, but nothing new here. . . . 85%
5. I Voyager - It is very odd primitive sound but interesting. But in the end it doesn't interest me to play over and over again. . . . . 80%
6. Create The Infinite - The song seems to have nothing interesting about it. It's own right annoying in that bridge where the vocals are not very hear-able. The worst track on the album. . . . 75%
7. Who Decides - The guitar is enjoyable here. I like the doomy feel this song has. Perhaps the real best song on here. . . . 95%
8. Noumenon - Very odd song. It's were the mix of the vocals gets really messed up and morbid. The bad sound of the album actually is a plus in making this odd track. . . . 90%
9. Seed Awakening - It's a very odd song and for some reason I think of Marilyn Manson when I hear it at parts. . . . 90%
If you like this album, may I also suggest: Nevermore- The Politics of Ecstasy, Nevermore- Nevermore, Nevermore- Dead Heart in a Dead World.

its not like Nevermore is the first band in history to remaster their cds....
I think its a great idea.
Sneap is a good producer, and I'm sure the remastered CD will kick ass.

I'm with Derick on that one: I didn't have any problem with the original CD.
people critisize Nevermore for their sound in EoR because of the last album they released that was *perfect* and *over produced* (god I hate using that term)
when actually,
they used to have dirty sound in other albums... so I don't see the big deal.
but good luck with that one !

oh yeah, of course I'll buy the remastred one as well :cool:

the Swede said:
Hi there Tee
it has nothing to do with this thread, I know, but how´s the metal scene in Zagreb? You know, we don´t hear much on the news nowadays on what´s going on down there since the war ended. I´m also interested in how the situation is for young people now; music, studying, work and so on. Maybe you know any forum where one can discuss that with people actually living there?
Anyway, if nevermore haven´t played nearby you I hope they will, they are a great live band!

Best regards from sweden
well, hello.... you.... Gunnar/Anna-Stina :dopey: :D

firstly I'll tell you you're quite late for many things, if the last thing you heard about is war. it ended 1995. (as you know...) you moved there after the war, or you're a native over there? I find a bit odd that a person from Sweden wants to know about the living (various scenes!) in Croatia.
however, to make a possibly long bashing story short, I'll just tell you that the studying is the best thing that can happen to one here, and of the things you listed here. the easiest and the most pleasant. the rate of unemployment is big and my greek husband had luck to get his first job (being a foreigner here is not an "easy" thing, he had to adjust in way too many things). then he lost the job as the croatian gEEk employer all of a sudden decided that he wants to change the 98 % of his staff. :err:

so, now he's jobless, and no, I do not recommend ppl to come and live in Croatia unless they want to study the language at the university or they have a sure job/position within a foreign firm located here. or if they want to spend a vacation here (for that the coast is divine!).

as for the metal scene, many bands are working and trying... I have to be honest and tell you that I'm not exactly updated on the situation, as real life took over and I don't have time for anything, but I know that there are too few concerts....
a good thing is that Kreator and Dark Tranquillity are playing here on Feb. 3 and we'll go to see them.

if you wanna chat, (and you're not lisaredred :loco:) and find out more about this beautiful but socially sad place, go on AIM. I'm SmilCb.

Tee

P.S. oh, and I saw Nevermore live, thx. 3 times even, LOL. Austria and Hungary are really close :)

devilmanozzy said:
Here's my review I wrote on amazon a year ago. I think this remix will answer a lot of peoples problems. I'm sorry but sme of us don't dig noise in the recording and mud.

I'll make this review very simple. Here are the negatives: -A album that sounds like it was mixed at the bottom of the ocean, god I hope they can remaster this someday the right way! -How can 40 minutes be a full length album?! This should be a EP. Now here's the review of the tracks:

6. Create The Infinite - The song seems to have nothing interesting about it. It's own right annoying in that bridge where the vocals are not very hear-able. The worst track on the album. . . . 75%
9. Seed Awakening - It's a very odd song and for some reason I think of Marilyn Manson when I hear it at parts. . . . 90%

haha
First off, just because it's 40 mins doesn't mean that it should be an ep. Is there any Corpse album that isn't 30-40 mins? How about Necrophagist, wasn't their first one around the 40 mark...
Second, you just don't like the recording because you have no ear for music, which is obviously proven by your thoughts on the songs above...
Do us all a favor and jump into a meat grinder.

Whatever. Sounds like your taste is way off. I like a thing called Music. You like noise. Heavy does not = music. Anyways, thats all you people get from me.

Now onto the other part of my first post..... The new album...... What do you all hoping for? I'd love to hear something like Dream Neon Black/ In Memory.

But as long as it ain't like the last album atleast give it a chance.

Also someone talked about adding bonus tracks for the Remix. What tracks you think should be add?

Without a Doubt "Chances Three". Should have been released on a album to begin with.