Andy Sneap Remixing NEVERMORE’s Enemies Of Reality

Nevermore is a difficult band to label: they only occasionally use thrash tempos, they can be technical but rarely emphasize it, too aggressive to be power metal (at least compared to Helloween clones)...as for what album to get, I'd choose between Politics of Ecstasy or Dreaming Neon Black.

J.

I think you would like 'Enemies of Reality' the most. It isn't quite as "proggy" or "tech" sounding as their previous stuff, and it is their darkest and heaviest. Its my favorite, but I like all their albums quite a bit.

I thought DHIADW was a step-down production-wise from their previous efforts. There was just a mudiness to it that took the edge off an otherwise great CD.

As for EoR, I was one of the one's calling for a free remaster as an apology to the fans. But I'm guessing I'm gonna have to pay to get this one. I really think a lot of people are deaf if they can't hear that EoR sounds like shit in a tin can with static hisses and pops throughout. I don't care how small the budget was, I've heard home-recorded demos that sound better. I can't even listen to the album any more, despite loving the songs, 'cause the mix/mastering job was so utterly horrible.

jimbobhickville said:
As for EoR, I was one of the one's calling for a free remaster as an apology to the fans. But I'm guessing I'm gonna have to pay to get this one. I really think a lot of people are deaf if they can't hear that EoR sounds like shit in a tin can with static hisses and pops throughout. I don't care how small the budget was, I've heard home-recorded demos that sound better. I can't even listen to the album any more, despite loving the songs, 'cause the mix/mastering job was so utterly horrible.
100% agreed.

You're smoking Grade A crack rock though when it comes to the production of Dead Heart...

I remember working music retail when that came out. I would always crank Narcosynthesis and Believe In Nothing, sounded sooo good on big store system.

I think "Dreaming" is their best disc. It's the most varied, and adventurous. But I'm not sure how anyone could argue that "Dreaming" is better produced than "Dead Heart". I've yet to hear "Dreaming" on any system, at a loud volume, where the speakers don't sound like they are distorting.

Zod

I'm in the same boat as J. on this one, I've heard only one song and I could tell there is something there for me to enjoy, but I don't know where to start.

One Inch Man said:
I'm in the same boat as J. on this one, I've heard only one song and I could tell there is something there for me to enjoy, but I don't know where to start.
Politics of Ecstacy - technical thrash brilliance.

Dreaming Neon Black - power, death, thrash brilliance. completely original, very varied. the production is very bass heavy, to the point where it will make your speakers vibrate at anything approaching a loud volume.

Dead Heart in a Dead World - power thrash. not as technical as PoE. the razor sharp production, especially on the discs stronger songs, forces you to play these songs at 11.

Enemies of Reality - grungier, dirtier, doomier, heavier. if you don't mind horrid production, and judging by some of the discs some of you listen to, you don't, you may really dig this CD.

Zod:headbang:

Hmm, from those descriptions Enemies of Reality sounds like my current bag o' tricks. Thanks.

I dig some of the songs , DHIADW is good and so is DNB , I know Enemies Of Reality , Tomorrow Turned Into Yesterday and I , voyager from the last one ; its not bad , and Tommorow and I , voyager are transcended by Warrel Dane (could have been terrible songs if sung by anyone else).

My favorite song from them is We Disintegrate and my fav album is Dead Heart in a Dead World (not by much) , pretty solid record , no fillers , and the artwork is WIN.

A good band overall . I think J. would like Dreaming Neon Black most while One Inch Man should start with Dead Heart in a Dead World .

I'll end up getting them all eventually, because I think I wil enjoy these guys more down the road than right now. But I do like Politics of Ecstasy, and I did enjoy their live shows.

ReDilS.kCalB said:
while One Inch Man should start with Dead Heart in a Dead World .
So many choices!!!

Alright, this will be one of about 5 bands I'll be checking out in a few months, I've purchased too much lately that I haven't absorbed yet, and next year will have very few purchases, so yeah. Whee.

J. said:
I'll end up getting them all eventually, because I think I wil enjoy these guys more down the road than right now. But I do like Politics of Ecstasy, and I did enjoy their live shows.

When they bring their A Game, there's no one better. They energy and precision that they are capable of performing with is unrivaled.

Zod

I agree with Josh on the production issue, the production on Dead Heart sounds as clear as possible without becoming overly polished to me and just begs to be played on eleven. The more "classic Nevermore" sounding tracks on EOR like I Voyager and the title track, while still great, would absolutely kill given that treatment...