Andy Sneap Remixing NEVERMORE’s Enemies Of Reality

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
A Century Media representative has confirmed that producer Andy Sneap (ARCH ENEMY, MACHINE HEAD) is remixing NEVERMORE’s Enemies of Reality album.

The remixed version of Enemies Of Reality, which was originally produced by Kelly Gray, will be issued through Century Media in early 2005.

In related news, Nevermore will hit the studio in February with Sneap to record their next studio album, due out later in 2005.

More details as they become available.

I dig this CD. But the simple fact of the matter is, Kelly fucked up the mix. Sneap's production on DHiaDW was so clean and so perfect, I can't friggin wait to hear what he does with "Enemies".

Zod

I probably still won't think that it is one of their better albums, but with that dumpster production, anything will be an improvement.

Oh, and how big of a slam is that on Kelly Gray to have someone re-do your job.

Kelly...Andy Sneap owns you. Fool.

First of, this is my fave Nevermore record so I never really minded the production (personally, I shy away from the clinically clean sound). I also agree with much of what Jim Sheppard said about it in our interview, particularly the parts about these songs being their strongest to date.

Also, you can't be too harsh on Kelly Gray - that made do with what they had, in Loomis' basement all huddled around a PC and some pro-Tools....if anything, blame Century Media for dropping Nevermore on their heads.

Jim Sheppard in RC interview said:
.......And so a lot of what took so long was that we had the record written but nobody ready to produce it - but then a friend suggested Kelly Gray. After meeting with him, I was really comfortable and we felt we should go ahead and do this. The budget was just minimal for this record, the worst budget that we’ve had since our first NEVERMORE record, and so with the limited budget we had, it was just a God-send that [Gray] was willing to do it. The production is awesome on it – it doesn’t sound like an expensive record like we’ve done in the past, but at the same time I think it holds its own

Nevermore. I have always wanted to like this band. The first song I heard by them was on some compilation, and it was from Dreaming Neon Black. I thought it was OK. I've since seen the band live twice, and both shows were actually pretty good, with the show with Opeth being the better of the two (that night they made Opeth look stupid as far as stage performance).

Anyway, usually these vocals would turn me off, but I like their songs; heavy, crunching, yet melodic in some ways. The vocals aren't my fave, but they also don't make me cringe like that Blind Guardian dude.

I'm not trying to hijack th thread, but what would be the best Nevermore album for me, if you think I would even like them? Thanks.

POLITICS OF ECSTASY

The only tech-thrash album you'll ever need.

Nevermore are usually considered "technical death metal with clean vocals". I agree.

My rankings:
1. The Politics of Ecstasy
2. Dreaming Neon Black
3. Enemies of Reality
4. Dead Heart in a Dead World
5. s/t
6. In Memory ep

based on the two live performances, I'd call 'em, thrashy heavy metal, but I know squat when it comes to this stuff

IotS, I know you want all your favorite bands to fit under that power/prog tag, but with Nevermore it's not even close. They're much more comparable to bands like (later) Death and Cynic than Jag Panzer. Yeah, I guess they're a *bit* similar to Psychotic Waltz, but not overwhelmingly. Come on... PoE with death metal vocals could EASILY be mistaken for a Chuck Shuldiner album (but better).

Actually i dont want all my fav bands to fit under that power/prog tag (Manowar for example dont). I would call Nevermore - power/thrash
If we are talking about POE - i would name 4 bands: Forbidden - Coroner - Queensryche (RFO) - Death (Human). It also has that special aura of Seattle metal (that only bands from Seattle have it - cant describe it). Call it techno thrash - YES, but no death metal.
Saying that it could be a death metal album with brutal vocals, is like saying that every thrash metal album with brutal vocals could be death metal. No. Its too melodic to be death metal - it has HARMONIES that could never be in a death metal album (just think about "The Passenger with death metal vocals - sucks or not?) , it wasnt even written for death metal vocals, but for emotional vocals like WD'S.