New album Foregone out February 2023

As I said, my intentions was not to replace your questions with mine. I also get it that you can't ask a bunch of "fan" questions, because first and foremost he wants to promote the new material, so you have to have some questions about the new record. But he talked in length about the writing process and about Covid as well. But it's your questions, so if you want to stick with those, then go for it.

On the topic of "what probably should not be asked", here are the questions that were already asked by Czech 'Metalshop' in late November. (I couldn't be bothered to type out the answers.
You're Czeczh?

I'm not Czech, the interview just randomly came up on Youtube two or three days ago.

EDIT: I think I actually missed one question, they asked what was Anders' first proper gig and he answered Dark Tranquillity (or whatever the band was called before it became DT) in a small club in Gothenburg with around 40-50 people in the audience.

One thing I'm noticing, bouncing between the new singles and the older stuff on YouTube is that Anders' vocals seem far too high in the mix on the newer tracks. Like, distractingly so. I'm genuinely tempted to reduce the volume on his voice using UVR.

Reactions: eochaid
One thing I'm noticing, bouncing between the new singles and the older stuff on YouTube is that Anders' vocals seem far too high in the mix on the newer tracks. Like, distractingly so. I'm genuinely tempted to reduce the volume on his voice using UVR.
Don't do that. Erasing it was the right choice.

Ok. You can ask them if they considered retirement at any point during their career. Due to fatigue, because they felt burnt, wanted to spend time with their families or any other reason.

And how much time are they going o milk the cow. I mean... If they see themselves touring non stop till they die on the stage.

Don't do that. Erasing it was the right choice.

It's a shame there isn't an option to remove autotuning and start again. As far as the clean vocals are concerned I could probably improve them with my 20 year old version of Cool Edit Pro 2.1.

Ok. You can ask them if they considered retirement at any point during their career. Due to fatigue, because they felt burnt, wanted to spend time with their families or any other reason.

This is not directly answering the question as it's just them speaking from hindsight, but someone of In Flames (can't remember who) once said if Niclas hadn't been able to replace Jesper it's quite possible they would've rather just disbanded than started auditioning unknown guitarists.

Hey there, i have been reading this forum for a long time anyway i have an interview with Anders this Monday (30th Jan).

Do you guys have any questions for him?
"If, hypothetically, you had to play a show that contained one of your albums in its entirety, which one would be the most fun to rehearse and gig, and which one would be the most challenging?"

Quite interesting looking at the vocal track to Meet Your Maker. Basically, the vocals are so high in the mix that the volume level is quite erratic. Chorus vocals spike much higher than everything else, whilst the second verse growls are a decibel or so quieter than the first verse vocals.

This is the chorus with the overall decibel level reduced by -1.5, and the chorus vocals reduced by a further -2.

The original in comparison:

I guess it ultimately depends on your taste. Personally I prefer the vocals lower in the mix with more consistency on decibel levels. I think that's one of the things that genuinely bothers me about the newer songs. Something I can fix, though, so maybe I will.