New album Foregone out February 2023

And we're the ones who a speculating. You have just rewritten the story based on your own bias :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.
I am flabbergasted that you get hung up on this, when I tried to phrase it as diplomatically as possible. They couldn't or didn't want to work together anymore, then he left/was let go. You are pushing "being a contrarian" way too far. Question everything, sure, but you are just being needlessly anal about stuff.

You're just making up a tale that differs from everything that both sides have said. Then, we cannot speculate about their behaviour on social medias or interviews. Just, let everyone have their own opinion even if it's speculation. Speculation is fun and doesn't hurt anyone.

What am I making up exactly? Jesper's medical issues and its consequences reached a breaking point within the band, then he left or was let go, but everyone was pretty awkward about it, and it was everything but amicable. No glorious send-off to the forming member behind the band, awkwardi nterviews about his departure all around, and Jesper later expressed some animosity as well, mostly towards Anders. So don't give me that bullshit that I am making up a story, when in reality it was a completely normal and healthy departure from the band.

Now, if you don't buy that FitW is at least somewhat inspired by Jesper, then that is your perogative, it MAY not be, but let's just say it is quite the coincidence that the song which lyrics in their entire catalogue would probably fit that situation the most came right after his departure. I'm not saying it's a foolproof assumption, because R2R's lyrics would also fit this scenario, even though that one is clearly not about Jesper, but it is well within a reasonable assumption. That being said R2R is closer to a battle cry, while FitW is very personal.

I'd like to stress the inspired part as well, because I don't think Anders, who avoids confrontation in public, was writing that song as a sort of "fuck you" to Jesper, but it would be hard to deny that the event wasn't looming over his mind during the writing process. This same record has the Jester's Door as well.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
Everyone is saying NDA. Who signed the NDA and with what stipulations? Is Niclas banned from playing music if he leaves IF? So in a sense Anders and Bjorn are doing Niclas a favor by not acknowledging his band and not accepting that he left?

What am I making up exactly? Jesper's medical issues and its consequences reached a breaking point within the band, then he left or was let go, but everyone was pretty awkward about it, and it was everything but amicable. No glorious send-off to the forming member behind the band, awkwardi nterviews about his departure all around, and Jesper later expressed some animosity as well, mostly towards Anders. So don't give me that bullshit that I am making up a story, when in reality it was a completely normal and healthy departure from the band.

Dude. Do you even read what you write?

It was the first record after they have effectively forced Jesper out from the band because they couldn't maintain a healthy working relationship anymore.

Then, what we know, from both sides is that Jesper had some issues (we all know what that's about), that he wasn't happy with the direction the others were wanting the band to follow so he left.

Then, your version, something whose only evidences are inside of your mind, is that they forced him to leave.

And now, we're going to forget how Jesper took a picture at their former studio sitting with Anders a year or two after he left the band. And there's that picture with Bjorn both holding the vinyl version for SC. So, where's all the conflict that you're talking about coming from?

The conflict only started after Jesper bashed publicly Anders. That's, if I remember right, a few months before Battles was released.

So, yes, you're just making up all of this yourself.

Last edited:
Everyone is saying NDA. Who signed the NDA and with what stipulations? Is Niclas banned from playing music if he leaves IF? So in a sense Anders and Bjorn are doing Niclas a favor by not acknowledging his band and not accepting that he left?

That's just speculation because there are lawyers involved. But can be about anything related to the band. Maybe there's a contract that cannot be broken. Maybe the lawyers are just controlling bitches.

My opinion is that, who cares?

Ah yes, because if I say that I don't like the direction we are going in, and you tell me "tough luck", it's not essentially forcing me out. You do know that many mutual terminations are nowhere near mutual, right?

Yes, he posed with SC, then he on and off had outbursts on social media which he deleted afterwards. And the other side of the coin is that the band couldn't even rely on him to at least tour with them.

But hey, let's use reasonable doubt and whatnot. Anders just happened to write a song about a dear acquintance with whom he struggled a lot on and off, but now bids this person a painful goodbye, because too much shit has been piling on over the years and this person drags them down. Who is "them", we may ask? We don't know! Maybe Anders and his dog, maybe Anders and his Pokémon cards, or maybe... no, I am all out of ideas as to who "them" may refer to.

In a world where Casey Anthony can be found innocent, then sure, these lyrics have absolutely nothing to do with Jesper.

Again, you're making this up. There's no evidence that the song is talking about Jesper. But, the issue here is not that you speculate. The issue is that you complaint about others doing that.

September 2012. IF Facebook page. It looks as the situation with Jesper was really bad :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Screenshot_2023-02-04-16-59-22-79_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

No. Seriously. It's ok for you to do that. It's not ok when you complain because the rest of us are doing the same.

Actually I heard Drained was about Jesper.
What's funny is that there's a song talking about Jesper (Through the Jester's Door) but he doesn't acknowledge that one. Just the one that fits his own narrative.

What if Anders was lying and Here Until Forever is about Jesper? Stay With Me may also be a contender.

Reactions: eochaid
Now I'm laughing to myself, wishing I'd asked @burank666 to ask Anders if Here Until Forever is about Jesper. Reaction would have been amazing to hear.

Reactions: eochaid
Wow, a picture about CO, an old band of Jesper's and Anders', with seemingly all the members there, except Anders. But hey, IF's social media handler shared it, so case dismissed. His departure is soon 20 years old, these two guys are still fucking awkward about eachother, even when Jesper is praising IF, I can't recall if he even mentioned Anders, not to mention Anders' pissy behaviour plus Jesper's tirades against Anders personally from years ago. They haven't shared a stage, to this day there was no farewell to the founding member of the band. When a mountain of evidence is laying on your desk then it is hardly speculating. Why are they still like this, we don't know, but it is clear that things were everything but amicable.

And if you want to believe that right after this shit Jesper didn't inspire that song... then you do that. But don't wash it together with - sorry mate, but I have to name call here - some of galvanized's stories here, where he came close to psychoanalyze Anders.

I'd like to stress the inspired part as well, because I don't think Anders, who avoids confrontation in public, was writing that song as a sort of "fuck you" to Jesper, but it would be hard to deny that the event wasn't looming over his mind during the writing process. This same record has the Jester's Door as well.
Yeah, here I am ignoring Jester's Door. But what if it wasn't written by me? Do I have any evidence that I didn't just step away from my computer and someone else quickly typed it in there? Let's not jump to conclusions, wait for forensics.

You're still missing the point. And the point is that you're not the only one who has permission to speculate here.

My issue is with the scope of speculations. Anders has issue with the former members? Possible, hard to say where his disdain towards Jesper ends, and where his disappointment towards others start. Can we go into fairytales about made up scenarios based on Anders and Björn saying they haven't listened to THE? Hardly.