New album Foregone out February 2023

My only concerns regarding IF playing live is about the setlist. The use of backing tracks doesn’t bother me at all if it serves well the song and if the result is pleasant to the ears.

But they tend to fuck up the setlist with USELESS newer songs and that is a real heartbreak to me when being at a show :OMG:

Honestly, while he doesn't sound great, he's actually hitting some high notes on this performance. Specifically at 2:28 and near the end. That doesn't sound like a backing track to me (though a backing track definitely is being used). Now I'm not saying he's this great clean vocalist (he definitely isn't) but I think he's capable of more than he's given credit for. Now why he doesn't hit those same notes when playing Leeches live, idk.

How to say this without sounding rude...

His problem are not the high notes. It has never been. His problem are all the notes. Paralyzed is not a difficult song to sing and still, this performance is awful.

The dude is one of the worse clean singers that I have heard. But it's not his fault. He just doesn't have what it's needed.

Last edited:
Here Until Forever and Paralyzed are the two songs that were the most difficult to witness live for me as I despise both of them. :lol:

More over it always was the worst vocals performances by Anders throughout the whole setlist. :confused:

Each time those were played I was thinking in anger "fuuuck, it could have been Embody the Invisible, Zombie Inc, Colony, Clayman etc"

Or any classic songs I've never been lucky enough to experience live.

That being said I'd be glad if they could replace any songs from SOAPF to ITM with some new material from Foregone and focus on the CC and backward catalog for the remaining songs of the show.

(Unless they are willing to play ITM self titled track which I really enjoyed from day 1 and never had the opportunity to see live)

Reactions: eochaid
I'm rather tolerant when it comes to In Flames (first love in the extreme metal world etc) but I have my limits too.

Ahah I can even remember being drunk and yelling at my friend who doesn't care about IF about how shitty this song was around the Battles released time :guh:

Edit : Sober & Relevant for 3 years now. Yes I was so much a fan of Jesper I even had the same addiction :rolleyes:

Reactions: DE4life and eochaid
Tbh Anders has absolutely no talent as a vocalist. But he definitely has business ability - Stanne, Lindberg, and Bjorler bros all have their own jobs, but he can live off of IF income.

Reactions: eochaid
He used to work. I don't remember where. But now, he doesn't anymore. Though, during the pandemic, he mentioned that a lot of musicians would need to find a job due to the lack of live shows.

I do think Anders has (maybe had) a unique voice. To me his screams on R2R, STYE and CC are amazing and so are his cleans. He is great on Passenger too.

The problem is his inhability to sing in tune live and the Benson's denaturing effects he put on his cleans on every recent songs.

I'm rather tolerant when it comes to In Flames (first love in the extreme metal world etc) but I have my limits too.

Ahah I can even remember being drunk and yelling at my friend who doesn't care about IF about how shitty this song was around the Battles released time :guh:

Edit : Sober & Relevant for 3 years now. Yes I was so much a fan of Jesper I even had the same addiction :rolleyes:

Good to hear you're on the straight and narrow bro, keep it going :cool:

As far as Anders' vocal talent goes, it is extremely limited. You only have to watch the ASOP studio diaries to hear this. Dude is literally just yelling. If you like how he sounds when he yells then that's subjective, of course, but what he's doing on that album at least takes zero talent.

Reactions: Moonshield_
His singing on their albums are not great, but okay. However, it's layered with auto-tune and backing chorus too much, far from his true voice and singing ability. Probably wouldn't make much difference if the singer were Anders or Domino's Pizza delivery boy. A man struggling to sing well on stage, that's the truth about him.

Good to hear you're on the straight and narrow bro, keep it going :cool:

As far as Anders' vocal talent goes, it is extremely limited. You only have to watch the ASOP studio diaries to hear this. Dude is literally just yelling. If you like how he sounds when he yells then that's subjective, of course, but what he's doing on that album at least takes zero talent.

Thank you very much man.

As for Anders, I totally agree about ASOP vocals. It's the worst thing he has ever done. But there's a (whole) world between this sad performance and what he delivered on the 3 previous albums don't you think?

I wonder what happened but just listen to the vocals intensity on Take this Life and right after try to enjoy anything vocally wise on ASOP : it's impossible.