New album Foregone out February 2023

How to say this without sounding rude...

His problem are not the high notes. It has never been. His problem are all the notes. Paralyzed is not a difficult song to sing and still, this performance is awful.

The dude is one of the worse clean singers that I have heard. But it's not his fault. He just doesn't have what it's needed.
I mean yeah it's still not great at all but I mean I think it's alright for Anders' standards. Which of course means very low standards.

(Unless they are willing to play ITM self titled track which I really enjoyed from day 1 and never had the opportunity to see live)
I don't believe they've ever played that live. That doesn't mean they won't ever though, since they have gone back to play songs from older albums they haven't played live.

My only concerns regarding IF playing live is about the setlist. The use of backing tracks doesn’t bother me at all if it serves well the song and if the result is pleasant to the ears.

But they tend to fuck up the setlist with USELESS newer songs and that is a real heartbreak to me when being at a show :OMG:
I mean, what do you expect from a tour supporting a new record?

I mean, what do you expect from a tour supporting a new record?

As I said, I'll be glad if they play some Foregone stuff when I see them (next time in June, Hellfest) but it's gonna be extremely frustrating if they waste the time they have playing some shit from average records they're not currently promoting.

Hell, I'd be seriously mad if I'd have to witness Here Until Forever and Paralyzed one more time :lol::lol:

Well. Yes. I don't understand bands releasing a new album and then playing 3 songs from it. Though, in a time when they might be touring from two to three years, there's space enough to drop the new songs and play, instead, some kind of greatest hits or whatever they feel.

I did a similar thing to that interviewer when I met Bjorn last year, he was saying the whole 'I'm not a good drummer' thing with regard to TJR and Whoracle and I was like 'I think you did a good job, those songs have a lot of tempo changes and demanding rhythms' and he said that he only managed to do it because he could do as many takes as he needed. I think he should be proud of himself for what he achieved then, especially since it isn't his natural instrument.

I love how this place booms before a new album comes out and then when it finally drops, its back to radio silence for two years until they announce another one. It's a beautiful cycle over here.

Anyway, their sets in Australia are nothing special. Pretty much shortened versions of their set from the last tour. Kind of surprising but at the same time I guess they're saving more songs from Foregone until they're headlining. 🤷‍♂️

Oooh, new emojis. 🤏 <-- Anders' penis is this small.

• Haha
Reactions: DE4life
Yeah I mean, part of the problem is that the new album is nothing special (back to da rootz aside) and the crew here have kind of discussed older IF - even stuff like SC and Battles - to death at this point. On the plus side we do have THE and Cyhra releasing new stuff this year, so most likely we'll have some spikes in activity for those.

I still am listening to Foregone songs but want to let it settle a bit longer before giving a review.

I love how this place booms before a new album comes out and then when it finally drops, its back to radio silence for two years until they announce another one. It's a beautiful cycle over here.

Anyway, their sets in Australia are nothing special. Pretty much shortened versions of their set from the last tour. Kind of surprising but at the same time I guess they're saving more songs from Foregone until they're headlining. 🤷‍♂️

Oooh, new emojis. 🤏 <-- Anders' penis is this small.
Well. That's not fair. Some of us have been here in a regular basis. Talking. Discussing. Keeping the forum alive. But now, I've just lost interest in the (current) band. And I guess the same has happened to other people.

Just doesn't really feel like it's In Flames anymore. Hard to explain, but even though the new album has some heavier parts, as a whole it just feels manufactured to me. Inauthentic. Like Battles in some ways, so I have little interest in discussing anything about it.

And it seems like, all the people who claimed to really like it don't have much to say about it either...

Reactions: eochaid
Well. That's not fair. Some of us have been here in a regular basis. Talking. Discussing. Keeping the forum alive. But now, I've just lost interest in the (current) band. And I guess the same has happened to other people.

I just meant that there was an influx of new people coming in the last few weeks before release and then once it was out, they disappeared into the wind.

I just meant that there was an influx of new people coming in the last few weeks before release and then once it was out, they disappeared into the wind.
I'm still here, but yeah there really isn't much to say about the album. I haven't listened to it in a bit but I still enjoy it, though it's not my favorite album from IF (that would be Come Clarity).

I do want to say that I think someone said somewhere that Pure Light of Mind sounded like Bullet For My Valentine and honestly I can hear it.

The real problem are the veteran leechers. The ones that only come in search of an early leak or to just troll the forum.

Then, from what I have noticed, this album doesn't seem to have too much to discuss about. Which might be a good thing.

It really is a forgettable album for me. I feel like when you're indifferent to something, that's worse than actually disliking it. At least when you like or dislike something, there's a talking point. You can have a discussion and talk about why you like/dislike it. I would rather not talk about Foregone. I could have more meaningful discussions about Battles or Siren Charms, even if that conversation leans towards the negative. At least it's something. I just don't think there's anything to say about Foregone.

Reactions: eochaid