New album Foregone out February 2023

I probably worded my question to you badly, so yeah, not necessarily your fault there.

With that said, interestingly I never mentioned THE, it was just your immediate assumption of what external trigger meant... Interesting :dopey:

Isn't that besides the point though, when there are two strong arguments against your claim? One is that they did already have setlists like today before THE was even an idea, and two that they were inching closer and closer to setlists like this at the very least since the In Our Room tour, maybe a bit earlier. For the longest time pretty much all of us gave them crap for refusing to play anything older than Clayman, and they just put one token song (if at all) from that era, which was like insult to injury. The Moonshield-Jester's Dance duo from that 2019 tour was very unexpected and they kept piling up on that on later tours, the return of Behind Space being the next notable milestone. It is just shit-stirring and baseless to suddenly blame their current setlists of being influenced by THE.

Now, if they were to play TJR from start to finish I would immediately agree, because that would be completely out of left field. But incorporating a new-old song to their set, while also rotating other old songs out is pretty much on course for them given their recent years.

*cries in Spanish* BUT HALO EFFECT IS THE BEST, ANDERS JELAOUS OF THEM *cries in Spanish*

Do you understand that he's making those posts in order to keep the forum alive?
I feel no responsibility to keep this board alive. I make those posts to correct you where you are wrong, the same way you correct me when I'm wrong. Just because you have 4617 posts and counting in which you refused to acknowledge any other point but your own, others may be not as hopelessly cynic and/or self-indulgent.

No one forces you to take part in the occasional more serious discussions, but it's a joke that you think every single opinion which isn't in line with your gloomy and cynical worldview must have some hidden agenda, like keeping the board alive. How you are a long time parent with the behaviour of a petulant child is beyond me.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
I feel no responsibility to keep this board alive. I make those posts to correct you where you are wrong, the same way you correct me when I'm wrong. Just because you have 4617 posts and counting in which you refused to acknowledge any other point but your own, others may be not as hopelessly cynic and/or self-indulgent.

Man. Don't insist. I get what you're doing and you're in the right. I'll keep on pretending to reply to your posts from time to time.

One of the lyrics in “The Great Deceiver” is “Joey was right, this is the final countdown.” Was the shout-out to Joey Tempest and Europe spur of the moment?

A lot on this album is based on time, and time we don’t have, and time’s running out, and what we’re given and what we do with it. It’s definitely not a concept album but it’s based on time. Europe is an amazing band and have been with me since they’re early albums. And Final Countdown? Everybody knows that song. It just fit really well in the lyrics. It’s my hat off to them, even though it’s put in a context that’s really sad. I never heard anyone do such a thing before so I was just laughing when I came up with it.

----- Overall boring interview so I don't link it, but I read you guys talking about that line so..

Man. Don't insist. I get what you're doing and you're in the right. I'll keep on pretending to reply to your posts from time to time.
What am I doing? Me arguing with someone is the least surprising event on this board, but now you think I want to keep this board alive - the same board I barely visited for years to begin with, but now I must have some financial interest in it. Meanwhile you can't put togethet a single coherent sentence about the things being discussed here, except when you actually agree with someone. Otherwise you turn into a child.

Like how the fuck can you actually raise a child, when I literally provide proof that IF have been incorporating older songs into their setlist for years now and your only response is that I am trying to keep this board alive. You are doing your best Donald Trump impression, because you feel no shame about your ignorance. You've burnt out from this band ages ago, you pretty much hate the current core of the band, you are rotten from cynicism, but you just can't help to comment on these issues. There are a couple of other threads you could actually discuss what you like or at least don't hate, but you feel the need to insert yourself in these discussions - not your opinion, just the fact that you don't care. It's mighty rich from you to accuse me to only comment here for the sake of commenting.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
We are arguing about you adding nothing to the discussion which is just annoying. If even I can have the will to not bark into every single argument between others - especially if I don't even hold any opinion about the topic - then I am sure you can do it too. Imagine if every time you tried to discuss something with others, a magical clown would appear and just annoy you for the sake of it. What is the point?

You guys can argue all you want. But keep The President’s name out of your mouth when you do. Very disrespectful to speak like that. We’ll give you a pass this time since you are a European but you should know better by now.

Seriously talking. Your problem is that you have a serious lacking in sense of humour. So, instead of replaying to my nonsense with more nonsense you decide to argue about why I am wrong.

Of course I'm wrong! It was a fucking joke :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

And the worse part is that I had to explain that it was a joke :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Spoiler: now comes a diatribe about how I should be using emojis otherwise I'm not joking.

You guys can argue all you want. But keep The President’s name out of your mouth when you do. Very disrespectful to speak like that. We’ll give you a pass this time since you are a European but you should know better by now.

22594868.jpg

Slave is just cranky because IF have essentially admitted we were right all along and SC actually does indeed suck.

Reactions: eochaid
SC is a self-contained oddity, for better or worse. I don't think it has any staples or any songs that is particularly a blast live - most certainly not monsters in the ballroom. I am actually happy that the songs they most often played from that (monsters, eg, paralyzed) are not played, because they were either mediocre (monsters) or they already had very similar songs to that, just better (eg, paralyzed). The best songs from SC, excluding the bonus tracks, are all moody. They are chill to listen to but you don't necessarily want to hear it live all the time, especially when the band has such a new song like Stay With Me, which baffles me how it's avoiding their setlists.

Because... Come on! You've heard that live! There's no way that you can think that performance was not terribly wrong :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:.

Reactions: The Grayfox