New album Foregone out February 2023

And I don't think that you shouldn't be liking this new music. Everyone has the right to be wrong sometimes.

WTF is that mean? Everyone should agree with you or they're wrong? What a beautiful mind set that is. :D If boys release Moonshield today, you would hate it too I'm pretty sure about it now. You're not here to argue or exchange ideas, you're here to hate. That's fine, everyone has the right be wrong sometimes. :D

I don't think there's anything wrong with people finding hints of prior albums in the new stuff tbh. If The Great Deceiver sounds like a return to Clayman for someone, more power to them (I don't agree, but I do think there's some mid-era IF DNA in it). For some people Clayman might be defined by the lead guitar wankery, for others it might just be the fun energy, or even the lack of much clean singing. It's all subjective. If someone wants to argue that SOSD sounds like Whoracle, well, I personally don't hear it, but I'm not going to break out the rule book and tell them they violated Law 435. :p

Loved your avatar btw, so I'm gonna use the other side of it. :D :D

Reactions: DE4life
This new song, like the other two, is genuinely good. This is turning out to certainly be a return to form.

Yes- there's not a ton of harmonized leads all over the place and little hammer on/pull-offs at the end of every measure, but it's still good.

If you like heavy MDM there's no reason to dislike any of the three singles. They are solid enough. If the singles are an indication of the general direction of the record, then it'll probably be the heaviest one IF have ever put out, even going back to the early days. People forget sometimes how melodic the classic albums are. They aren't about crushing riffs or breakdowns, they're pure Iron Maiden-esque/Swedish folk inspired melodies with harsh vocals layered over the top.

One thing I will say is that Tanner is bringing it in a big way on the singles, and it'll almost certainly be the best drumming performance since maybe Come Clarity.

Yeah, Tanner has genuinely impressed me. I said a while back that he was no Bastian Thusgaard, but I'm happy to admit I was wrong.

If you like heavy MDM there's no reason to dislike any of the three singles. They are solid enough. If the singles are an indication of the general direction of the record, then it'll probably be the heaviest one IF have ever put out, even going back to the early days. People forget sometimes how melodic the classic albums are. They aren't about crushing riffs or breakdowns, they're pure Iron Maiden-esque/Swedish folk inspired melodies with harsh vocals layered over the top.

One thing I will say is that Tanner is bringing it in a big way on the singles, and it'll almost certainly be the best drumming performance since maybe Come Clarity.

https://unlock.inflames.com/ says that it is time to enter the new era of In Flames. Maybe its a heavier era, which I partially agree with you that something totally new for IF.

And totally agreeing with Tanner comment. I really loved the drums on the new 3 songs.

But they did. And they should be punished for it.

Now, seriously, when someone says that this or that song could fit on CC or Clayman... Well, they should be executed. Or better not. But they don't seem to know a lot about those albums. Not the ones that find hints but the ones that say that the songs seem to be taken directly from those albums. I've seen delusional people in my life but those are the winners.
Judge Dredd of In Flames. Should change your name :D

WTF is that mean? Everyone should agree with you or they're wrong? What a beautiful mind set that is. :D If boys release Moonshield today, you would hate it too I'm pretty sure about it now. You're not here to argue or exchange ideas, you're here to hate. That's fine, everyone has the right be wrong sometimes. :D
Sorry, but my reply was only intended for intelligent people that understands irony.

Reactions: shad0w__

So, that leaves out our Cjko dude.

He's his altar to Anders hidden because it could be labelled as blasphemy.

Bit still, he prays to his image before going to bed every night. Well, I call it image but it's more like a hominoid mess made with play doh.

visible.jpg

I get the point, but still, your post seems like an attempt directed at people who like the song, that it's applauded just because it has harsh vocals. Also, I'm not sure why would you even involve people from reddit and YT and discuss over that, it's pretty much pointless to anyone who is aware on what's happening there. If you check the beautiful song called In This Life, you might see some posts like:
"I fuckin love this song feels like my soul is singing"

So yeah, once again, it's not everybody, it's a minority, who tends to post on YT just for the sake of praising the band they follow. It is happening for every band, prior to any album, regardless of what is going on there. Ignore it, don't ever evoke them again, end of story.

Let's not also confuse going back to the roots with playing MDM. Obviously they're not going with the former, but the latter is valid, since pretty much all the tracks revaled so far were MDM, just leaning more into the "death" part of the spectre. Like stated previously, its resemblance to AtG is not a coincidence. You might label it as metalcore, but this genre was built basically upon melodic death, so there's that.

We’re gonna let this one rest, but just to be clear when I said “something similar is happening here”, “here” is in reference to “with In Flames in general”, not specifically to this forum. This is probably a language issue because I’m a dumb American. I see the confusion though.

I don't think there's anything wrong with people finding hints of prior albums in the new stuff tbh. If The Great Deceiver sounds like a return to Clayman for someone, more power to them (I don't agree, but I do think there's some mid-era IF DNA in it). For some people Clayman might be defined by the lead guitar wankery, for others it might just be the fun energy, or even the lack of much clean singing. It's all subjective. If someone wants to argue that SOSD sounds like Whoracle, well, I personally don't hear it, but I'm not going to break out the rule book and tell them they violated Law 435. :p

I completely agree with finding hints, but all those people don't say they feel hints, tinges, or bits of previous albums, they just mindlessly say that it's just like Clayman again when... No. No the fuck it is not.

This new song, like the other two, is genuinely good. This is turning out to certainly be a return to form.

Yes- there's not a ton of harmonized leads all over the place and little hammer on/pull-offs at the end of every measure, but it's still good.

I don't think it's so much a return to form for them as it is just a return to melodeath. For me, melodeath isn't what made them In Flames, it was the musicians and their compositions behind them. Come Clarity is just as much In Flames as Whoracle or Lunar Strain are. That being said, I still love SOSD and "Foregone".

It's a fucking crime that he didn't get to perform more on ITM. I know Rickard left in July of 2018, but considering that the album released in March of 2019, I think that's enough time to get shit written and recorded. It happened for fucking "House", which released in December of 2018, so... What was stopping them from putting Tanner on the rest of the record?

Reactions: eochaid
My only issue with Bastian Thusgaard is his complete lack of excitement when playing. As a drummer, I always look at that stuff. I've never seen a more disinterested and soft-handed drummer in a metal band. Not that you have to be heavy handed, it just looks weird when you play in a metal band to be so casual and look so bored.

The ASCAP song db seems to have titles from the new album- don't really care to look through it all as the filters are terrible but some that I saw with a quick scroll;
  • Cynosure
  • Bleeding Out
  • End the Transmission
  • Foregone Pt. I
  • Foregone Pt. II
  • In the Dark
  • Meet Your Maker
  • Pure Light of Mind
  • State of Slow Decay
  • The Great Deceiver
There's also older tracks (with Jesper credited) on there with interesting mix of working titles and early names;
  • Bare to the Bones
  • Are we there Yet?
  • Digging in the Dirt
  • Bass, Booze and Balls
  • Guilt of our Shadows
  • Guitar Smorgasbord
  • Guitar sweatshop
  • High Stakes
...and a few others.
Wonder if some of these are old tracks never released too?