New album Foregone out February 2023

The ASCAP song db seems to have titles from the new album- don't really care to look through it all as the filters are terrible but some that I saw with a quick scroll;
  • Cynosure
  • Bleeding Out
  • End the Transmission
  • Foregone Pt. I
  • Foregone Pt. II
  • In the Dark
  • Meet Your Maker
  • Pure Light of Mind
  • State of Slow Decay
  • The Great Deceiver
There's also older tracks (with Jesper credited) on there with interesting mix of working titles and early names;
  • Bare to the Bones
  • Are we there Yet?
  • Digging in the Dirt
  • Bass, Booze and Balls
  • Guilt of our Shadows
  • Guitar Smorgasbord
  • Guitar sweatshop
  • High Stakes
...and a few others.
Wonder if some of these are old tracks never released too?

Some of the older ones (guitar sweatshop, are we there yet, guitar smorgashbord) are from the ASOP sessions. They we’re the title of making of asop videos. So I dont think all of them are true.

Reactions: galvanized
Great artwork imo. Lots of detail and not as goofy as I,TM was - that albums art (cover and lyric booklet) was cool, but looked a little toooo much like digital art (I know it is) which gave it a slightly cheesy softness to it all, whereas this is crisp and full looking. Judging by the leaked song titles and the album art, I think we are definitely in for a heavy one. Good one? We will see, I think so based off the singles so far, but time will tell.

Reactions: DE4life
Interesting. Bit of a Lewandoswki vibe:

fb694fca2cb9625fef51199608eb37cc.jpg

Kind of annoying that they released TGD as a single if it's going to be the last song on the album. Just a pet peeve of mine when bands do that.

Reactions: Jester Slave
Interesting. Bit of a Lewandoswki vibe:

Kind of annoying that they released TGD as a single if it's going to be the last song on the album. Just a pet peeve of mine when bands do that.

I just dumped them randomly out of the list FWIW, so the order is not at all indicative of the album order. I guess we'll know later today if they announce the tracklist.

Ah, I stand corrected. Apparently the official listing is:

1. The Beginning Of All Things That Will End
2. State of Slow Decay
3. Meet Your Maker
4. Bleeding Out
5. Foregone Pt. 1
6. Foregone Pt. 2
7. Pure Light of Mind
8. The Great Deceiver
9. In the Dark
10. A Dialogue in B Flat Minor
11. Cynosure
12. End the Transmission

Feels like this is the album where they actually grow up and behave like adults, rather than trying to rather pathetically pander to an audience 20 years younger than they are.

The deluxe version of the album has the cover in black and white and has a bonus track "become one". I've pre-orded a deluxe cd for the collection. I have a lot of hope for this album.

The way Anders has been quoted in the press release makes me feel the band is more confident in this new release than any others in a while, as usual they are straight on the defensive about new material. Not this time.

Reactions: Ilias7
:err: The video was created by a guy using an AI. Bad move. Artists should try to rely on other artists, not on some lazy cunt taking advantage of technology.

Depends on how he was using the AI. Some actually-talented artists use it to assist with composition, add an element of randomness, or get a new perspective on something they're working on that a human wouldn't be able to think of (Niklas Sundin has been doing this lately).

If it's totally 100% AI-generated, though, agreed that it's not good.

Reactions: eochaid
I like the title track. Probably best of the three so far. Artwork also really cool. I thought the album would be released sooner though. 3 singles already and we’re 5 months away?

Been listening to the new Soilwork record a lot lately, it fucking slays imo. Heavily recommend. No one can produce choruses like Björn can vocally. Sadly their guitarist died yesterday/2 days ago, presumably by suicide. He was a big part of their re-energized sound the last decade. Sorry for off topic :)

Reactions: ThePhobiac