New album Foregone out February 2023

If I had to pick some golden era songs I'd love them to bring out then I'd have to choose:

Dead Eternity
The Jester Race
Food For The Gods
Embody The Invisible
Zombie Inc
Swim

Of course I'd love to hear December flower for that solo, but that's the easy pick as we ALL want that

I've heard three of those six live (The Jester Race, Embody the Invisible, Zombie Inc). I remember on the train up to my first In Flames headline show in 2008, talking about what songs we wanted to hear and I definitely said "The Jester Race, but that will never happen", absolutely lost my shit when I heard the first chords of the intro. Strangely enough, my pal and I were also shuffling through Come Clarity and Vanishing Light came on, and to my mind it felt like a deep cut rather than one of the obvious "hits" from the album, so I categorically said "they won't play that"... Then they did. I seemed to have some sort of reverse psychology voodoo for that night only.

Being from Scotland, In Flames have frequently started their European tours in Glasgow for some reason, which means by fluke I've ended up hearing some songs being played live for the first time ever, including Vanishing Light, Dead God In Me, Deep Inside and Satellites and Astronauts, or being played for the first time in years, like Zombie Inc (first time in eight years) The Jester Race (first time in ten years apart from a one-off performance in 2003).

December Flower or Jotun would be my holy grail... I'd love them to give Jester Script Transfigured another go too. I think it was a bit beyond their live capabilities back on the Whoracle tour, the few recordings there are sound pretty rough, but I think the present line-up and setup could do it justice. If performed well, it could be a showstopper.

I've heard three of those six live (The Jester Race, Embody the Invisible, Zombie Inc). I remember on the train up to my first In Flames headline show in 2008, talking about what songs we wanted to hear and I definitely said "The Jester Race, but that will never happen", absolutely lost my shit when I heard the first chords of the intro. Strangely enough, my pal and I were also shuffling through Come Clarity and Vanishing Light came on, and to my mind it felt like a deep cut rather than one of the obvious "hits" from the album, so I categorically said "they won't play that"... Then they did. I seemed to have some sort of reverse psychology voodoo for that night only.

Being from Scotland, In Flames have frequently started their European tours in Glasgow for some reason, which means by fluke I've ended up hearing some songs being played live for the first time ever, including Vanishing Light, Dead God In Me, Deep Inside and Satellites and Astronauts, or being played for the first time in years, like Zombie Inc (first time in eight years) The Jester Race (first time in ten years apart from a one-off performance in 2003).

December Flower or Jotun would be my holy grail... I'd love them to give Jester Script Transfigured another go too. I think it was a bit beyond their live capabilities back on the Whoracle tour, the few recordings there are sound pretty rough, but I think the present line-up and setup could do it justice. If performed well, it could be a showstopper.

I assume you're talking about that one random show in Finland where it was said they played TJR. Has that ever been confirmed though? Or is it another Free Fall situation?

I've seen In Flames 12 times I believe, and almost all of those were pre-2008, so I've definitely seen some stuff that would be considered rare now. Some of it wasn't then though. Worlds Within the Margin, Jotun, Food for the Gods, Artifacts, Swim, Gyroscope, Clad in Shadows, Ordinary Story, Embody, Minus, Watch Them Feed, Coerced Coexistence and some others. Also IF covering Blinded By Fear, which was cool.

I took a screenshot just in case, though. :D

I'm sure I'll never live it down if it actually happens :D

They played TJR as part of a medley in 2008. From memory it was TJR, Dead God in Me and Behind Space. I saw it on one of the shows I went to and yeah, hearing the beginning of TJR was legit chills.

"the old songs don't sound good live hurr durrr" ... It's amazing the chuckle brothers have kept that stupid line going over the years, despite plenty of audio and video evidence to the contrary. DGiM actually sounds tons better live than on CD imo.

I've seen them play behind space, Graveland and the hive twice and colony and scorn as well in the last 12 months, and they all sound killer live. I don't buy that excuse. To be fair in their defence their setlists since COVID have been a lot older focused

A guy on reddit says he found the new album on the mall? What the hell, how does the damn thing did not leak online :D

Something for the Siren Charms lads, Dead Eyes acoustic - without vocals. Taken from the acoustic set they did for iRockRadio.

Not going to lie, it's kind of impossible not to hear the TJR sound in the verses. Chorus & melodic section meanwhile gives me a strong ASOP vibe.

BTW I found "Hell Is Overcrowded And Heaven's Full Of Sinners" EP on the internet, live versions taken from live show at Chicago which they streamed live. Nothing to missed out :D

I'm not convinced many people have the CD version. Certainly no visual evidence of that at the moment. As far as vinyl is concerned, no idea how easy that is to rip to MP3 but presumably not as simple as with a CD.

It is not that difficult. As long as you have your vinyl player connected to your computer and the appropiate software. But, then, the person should edit the leak, separate the songs, etc. That takes some work.

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
I assume the reason the vinyl version of the album hasn't leaked is simply because it's too much effort for the few hundred people who got them early. Once it's properly in the wild on CD it will leak within hours.

Yes. CD rip is easy and fast. Also, we must considere the countries. People from some countries are more prone to make leaks. Maybe it's about laws. Maybe it's about having access to leak sites. I'm not sure.

Someone ripped the instrumental version of siren Charms off vinyl as that's the only format it was ever released on.

Ever since kingdom leaks died it's been harder to access leaks :(

Someone ripped the instrumental version of siren Charms off vinyl as that's the only format it was ever released on.

Yeah I don't think they spent time cutting the songs out though. From memory it's just one long track.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor

You just need to learn how to search. But, having access to leaks is easier than it looks like.

You just need to learn how to search. But, having access to leaks is easier than it looks like.

To be fair he's in the UK, and if you don't have a VPN most leak/torrent sites are blocked by ISPs now. Even if you have the torrent magnet it often won't start downloading.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
Are you using google's dns directions?

If the answer is yes, and you still don't have access, then there are a few alternatives.

Firs one, direct download sites. There are a few dedicated to metal. Second one, download and install soulseek.