New album from Switchblade (Metal band from Sydney, Aus) Mixed by Neil Kernon

May 7, 2002
Sydney - Aus
Visit site
Hey guys, my name is Mat and I've been a long time lurker of this forum and many others on Ultimate Metal. Never really had too much to contribute until now I guess. :)

Anyways, I play drums for a metal band here in Sydney, Australia called Switchblade. About 9 months ago we started talking to Neil about mixing our upcoming album which at the time was still being written. We originally got the idea of working with Neil a few years ago when Switchblade toured with and supported Nevermore in Australia in 2006. Jeff was about to record his solo album and was raving about Neil the whole time, so I guess it rubbed off on us, and we kept him in mind when it came time for us to record.

We tracked the album here at a small studio in Sydney from August to November 08. There's some pics on our myspace of the recording sessions. The recording was done by a local metal producer named Darren "jENK" Jenkins, who used to play for aussie metal bands Cryogenic, Mortality, and In The Name Of, who were based in LA.

Once the tracking was done we shipped it off to Neil in Chicago and the rest is history. :)

There is 3 new songs up on our myspace, which iswww.myspace.com/sw01

If you have a facebook page, check them out on that as they sound MUCH better. Stupid myspace... The link to the facebook is there also.

Neil did an amazing job on the mixes and we're all very happy with it. :headbang:

Now for the fun info...

All guitars were tracked with an Ibanez Universe, into a Mesa Dual Rec, and Peavey 5150II. 2 tracks each side. Drums were a Pearl Masters Studio BRX (All Birch shells) and various Zildjian cymbals. Vocals and done with a Shure SM7B Dynamic mic. Bass was an Ibanez Soundgear into an Ampeg SVT3 Pro, and Sansamp DI I think...

So yeah, keen to see what everyone thinks.