New album starts today!

Lee_B

Readin' me posts are ya?
May 16, 2001
Surbiton. The Posh bit
www.elitistrecords.co.uk
Hi

Just to let you know we've started the recording on the second album today. I've started a Blog over at Wordpress that will be updated as often as possible.

I'm hoping that once things start to get really moving we can offer the occasional snippit of song or maybe upload some video stuff, so please do bookmark the site and come back once in a while.

Here's the link:

http://tomeraband.wordpress.com/

Cheers!

Lee

Wearing Cynic and Emperor t-shirts things cannot go (musically) wrong :headbang:

Looking forward to read upcoming studio reports!

Great news!

Just had a listen to Transcendental earlier for the first time in a while, I forgot how good it was. I'm looking forward to this one to say the least.

That guitar solo from the song "Mirage" is absolutely brilliant, better than any solo from the debut album. It really flows, love it!!!

Cheers (from Tom :))! That's not a final take BTW, but it was fairly close.

And to Black Rain, yes, this time the songs won't be as "jerky". That was a lesson learned really. There's still going to be a lot of tempo and mood changes, but with a far smoother flow overall. I personaly think people will be surprised at the evolution of the band, and just how far we've come since "Transcendental".

:)

Glad to read that. It wasn't a very big problem to me, even though I admit it's something that could be improved. I always like to give the example of Opeth, a band that really learned to create REAL songs instead of "groups of cool musical ideas" throughout the years while keeping up the complexity and tempo changes.

Awesome, yeah I agree with the above statement. opeth's morning rise and orchid had horrible transitions and after listening to ghost reveries the phrase Progressive rock/metal isn't just putting together a bunch of musical ideas in the same key and making the song 10 min for the sake. Although I'd like to add Lee, Transendental (spelling?) Is one of the greatest debut albums ever and I am HIGHLY anticipating the new cd because there's fairly any good prog metal bands today that do something interesting and unique.