New album: Work has begun already....!!!!.....

waz416c

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2005
2007-01-01

Mikael has started writing for what is supposed to be the 9th Opeth record and is also working on a as of yet unnamed side project. The members of the band wish to extend a big "thank you" to all our fans worldwide who came and saw us on the "Ghost reveries" world tour 2005/2006. Thanks also to the promoters and agents who made this tour possible. We hope to see you again soon!

.......!!!!..........PEAC EOUT

Great News !!! Congrats to the guys for the success that GR achieved & for once again touring all over the world.
19 months on the road must be difficult. Thankfully I was able to see them 3 times during that span.
I'm already looking forward to the new material & seeing the boys live again.

I´m very curious of how it will turn out, and it's comforting that opeth almost certainly will make it good. I personally hope that there will be more mellow material this time, not like damnation...something new and fresh.

I hope they do another dual release with a heavy and soft album.

nah. i think they compromised the quality of the music by doing that. damnation and deliverance were fuckin brilliant albums but i just think doing one album is a much better choice tbh.

i want this album to be really fuckin heavy, and keyboards used to better effect i think. but either way it will be amazing, mike always seems to come up with some awesome stuff.