New Arch Enemy.....Fastest Selling Album In History Of Century Media!

Deadly Embrace

TL PREACHER
Feb 27, 2002
Bay Area
www.sfmetal.com
ARCH ENEMY's 'Anthems' Becomes Fastest-Selling Album In History Of CENTURY MEDIA
ARCH ENEMY's "Anthems Of Rebellion" CD has entered Billboard's Heatseekers Chart at No. 26, making it the most purchased album one week after release in the history of Century Media Records. The good news doesn't stop there: ARCH ENEMY are on the cover of the Terrorizer and Metal Maniacs. Alternative Press gave "Anthems Of Rebellion" a 5 out of 5 review, calling it "the best melodic death metal album of 2003… the kind of monster tracks most death metal bands only wish they could write." Kerrang! gave it a coveted 5 out of 5 Ks. "Anthems Of Rebellion" has also been the #1 album on the CMJ Loud Rock charts for two weeks in a row. In Europe, the album has charted in Greece (#1), in Finland (#42), in Germany (#69), Sweden (#76), and in the Netherlands (#97). The video for "We Will Rise" will debut on MTV2 and Fuse this week, and the band is currently on tour with HATE ETERNAL, EVERGREY, and BLACK DAHLIA MURDER. A European tour with NEVERMORE will kick off in mid-September.

From BlabberMouth.Net

no way dude. they are a really solid, good band...
how can you critisise what they are doing? they are genuinely doing what they do well, in a sincere way, and people are liking that.... they aren't being overhyped at all!?
anyway, i spose you think they've 'sold out', but that goes without reason don't it?

No, I do not think they have sold out, that much anyways, but I do not really care for the new album, it is right in the mediocre zone, that is why people are eating it right the fuck up, it was a safe album for AE to make, to cash in on a growing fan base and Century Media actually did some fuckin publicity for a band signed to their label, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS CM, PUBLICITY IS KEY! I am and will always be a huge fan of theirs, this record just doesn't do it for me.

AjDeath said:
No, I do not think they have sold out, that much anyways, but I do not really care for the new album, it is right in the mediocre zone, that is why people are eating it right the fuck up, it was a safe album for AE to make, to cash in on a growing fan base and Century Media actually did some fuckin publicity for a band signed to their label, THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS CM, PUBLICITY IS KEY! I am and will always be a huge fan of theirs, this record just doesn't do it for me.

An inteligent person you are ...

Eh? Well, Arch Enemy is THE band at CM right now, most of the bands on the label are trying to either finish up their contracts or get out of their existing contracts, why? Because CM does absolutely fucking nothing for most of their bands, I understand lack of funding but it doesn't take much in this day and age to get the word out, especially if you are a record company and have those channels already set up, CM=money hungry. Arch Enemy=band of the month. A fact that I do not like because their older albums are just so much better than the the latest it isn't funny, but then again what the fuck do I know?

It's a pretty solid album. Decent melodeath, better than what most of Gaythenburg has been doing lately. Then again, I've taken craps that sound better than the last In Flames & Soilwork.

Whatever. Amon Amarth owns them all. AJ, that song is the shit, man...Stabwounds...even if they jacked The Hellion riff, it's such an amazing song. I bow to those crazy Viking fuckers, and so should all the rest of you.

AjDeath said:
No, I do not think they have sold out, that much anyways, but I do not really care for the new album, it is right in the mediocre zone, that is why people are eating it right the fuck up

I don't understand.... since when does making a mediocre album (in YOUR opinion) automatically make more people like it? Then would a great album be liked by less people?

Valofvalhalla said:
To each his/her own, but then you spewed CM=money hungry. Arch Enemy=band of the month

You claim to be a fan of AE. Hahaha!

I guess you took that your own way, what I meant was AE is the band of the month at CM, they are not the only band to put out a cd for CM this month but they got assloads more publicity, I will take Nevermore's Enemies of Reality over Anthems of Rebellion anyday, friend. Just because I think this album is mediocre and /or subpar does not mean I am not a fan of thiers wiseone, they have four other albums I enjoy very, very much. This one was sorta a let down, that doesn't mean it is a shitty album, just didn't blow me away like each succesive album they put out did, it WAS safe for them to release this record, it doesn't push boundaries or any envelopes (clean vocals is not pushing any fucking metal envelope) it is right in the middle and very accessible for fans wanting the same old watered down shit of In Flames and Soilwork(do not flame me please, it is my opinoin only), it is a very redundant album to make at this point in metal.

BTW there WAS an Arch Enemy before Angela, I enjoy her voice but people tend to forget about pre Wages of Sin AE.

AjDeath said:
I guess you took that your own way, what I meant was AE is the band of the month at CM, they are not the only band to put out a cd for CM this month but they got assloads more publicity, I will take Nevermore's Enemies of Reality over Anthems of Rebellion anyday, friend. Just because I think this album is mediocre and /or subpar does not mean I am not a fan of thiers wiseone, they have four other albums I enjoy very, very much. This one was sorta a let down, that doesn't mean it is a shitty album, just didn't blow me away like each succesive album they put out did, it WAS safe for them to release this record, it doesn't push boundaries or any envelopes (clean vocals is not pushing any fucking metal envelope) it is right in the middle and very accessible for fans wanting the same old watered down shit of In Flames and Soilwork(do not flame me please, it is my opinoin only), it is a very redundant album to make at this point in metal.

BTW there WAS an Arch Enemy before Angela, I enjoy her voice but people tend to forget about pre Wages of Sin AE.

Please, I understood your point. It's just that there is always someone that has to put down a bands success when they are successful! I can't stand the point that people try to make when there IS NO POINT TO MAKE. TL said it best! I have pre Angela, I just prefer Angela. Case Closed! Time will tell if you are wrong because I don't think they are the Band Of The Month. Being safe has nothing to do with talent.

Wanting the same old watered down shit? Redundant? I really don't think you should lump fans of AE like that because AE fans are Testament fans too!

Pyrus said:
It's a pretty solid album. Decent melodeath, better than what most of Gaythenburg has been doing lately. Then again, I've taken craps that sound better than the last In Flames & Soilwork.

Whatever. Amon Amarth owns them all. AJ, that song is the shit, man...Stabwounds...even if they jacked The Hellion riff, it's such an amazing song. I bow to those crazy Viking fuckers, and so should all the rest of you.

~Amon Amarth better? Are you sure? Maybe two albums ago.

Valofvalhalla said:
Please, I understood your point. It's just that there is always someone that has to put down a bands success when they are successful! I can't stand the point that people try to make when there IS NO POINT TO MAKE. TL said it best! I have pre Angela, I just prefer Angela. Case Closed! Time will tell if you are wrong because I don't think they are the Band Of The Month. Being safe has nothing to do with talent.

Wanting the same old watered down shit? Redundant? I really don't think you should lump fans of AE like that because AE fans are Testament fans too!

Ah, my friend, but now you are talking about TestAmenT, different band, and one who has delivered the goods on many occasions.

@TL-Let me clear something up, Arch Enemy is and always will be one of the bands that blew me away, not to many bands have done that my friend. I didn't say the album was bad, I listened to it before I bought the damn thing, it is quite good, not an instant fav like the last four though, maybe that is why I do not like it as much. Opinions are made by individuals, not the masses, this is my opinion, and we DO NOT disagree, maybe to you we do, but I see it differently, the new direction just doesn't do much for me, but then again, they will put out more albums and who knows what will happen.

Hmmm...well, coming from someone who was definitely NOT and Arch Enemy fan in the past (me) I have to admit that I heard some of this new one today and in a public forum I'm willing to admit that I really liked the tracks I heard! Really solid! Angela's vox are IMO WAAAYYY better than Wages. She's not trying to sound like a dude this time and it really works. On Wages she was trying way too hard to keep her voice deep..on the new one she's sounding almost witchy and it's really cool! The songs are a lot more solid this time too..it sounds to me like the band has really matured in their songwriting. I don't think that constitutes the sell out label...more like the coming together label..and Aj I know you aren't saying they sold out..I am understanding your point perfectly and if you guys don't think AE got more backing and publicity than say..... Nevermore did you're fooling yourselves...that's all Aj is saying. Angela is very magazine cover friendly so to speak...

Reactions: AjDeath
I like their first 4 albums. this new album just fell flat w/ me. a few good songs, mostly all mediocore, filler tracks. the band is capable of much more. Still lookn fwd to seeing them on tour w/ slayer. :headbang:

MindInsane said:
Hmmm...well, coming from someone who was definitely NOT and Arch Enemy fan in the past (me) I have to admit that I heard some of this new one today and in a public forum I'm willing to admit that I really liked the tracks I heard! Really solid! Angela's vox are IMO WAAAYYY better than Wages. She's not trying to sound like a dude this time and it really works. On Wages she was trying way too hard to keep her voice deep..on the new one she's sounding almost witchy and it's really cool! The songs are a lot more solid this time too..it sounds to me like the band has really matured in their songwriting. I don't think that constitutes the sell out label...more like the coming together label..and Aj I know you aren't saying they sold out..I am understanding your point perfectly and if you guys don't think AE got more backing and publicity than say..... Nevermore did you're fooling yourselves...that's all Aj is saying. Angela is very magazine cover friendly so to speak...

Thank you for agreeing with me, you put the point I wanted to make in clearer words than I did. It is not often that I have someone agree with me here at UM, this is not a bad thing, "variety is the spice of life", they say. But, it is good to know I am not the only one here in this forum with this opinion.
I like the record BTW, and am hoping to catch them on tour soon.

[edit]the record I am refering to is My Arms, Your Hearse, not MATH. Oops.

AjDeath said:
@TL-Let me clear something up, Arch Enemy is and always will be one of the bands that blew me away, not to many bands have done that my friend. I didn't say the album was bad, I listened to it before I bought the damn thing, it is quite good, not an instant fav like the last four though, maybe that is why I do not like it as much. Opinions are made by individuals, not the masses, this is my opinion, and we DO NOT disagree, maybe to you we do, but I see it differently, the new direction just doesn't do much for me, but then again, they will put out more albums and who knows what will happen.

Oops... my post was "in general," not necessarily directed to anyone in particular. It's cool for you to express your opinion, no problem here :D!

I do enjoy pre-Angela AE as well :). I gave my neat promo copy of "Burning Bridges" to my "worse half," and now I want it back :lol:!