New Ascension song

Ricki Ascension

Ricki Ascension
May 8, 2006
Scotland
www.myspace.com
Was wondering if a few of you could give me some feedback on the new Ascension song?

Its a bit adventurous...lots of catchy melodies, and interesting guitar solo's ( and a bass solo this time to! )

not your typical Power Metal, less of the cliche's, more melody, but still pounding kick, fast guitars and soaring vocals.

Happy to hear any comments :) the New EP is in the final mixing and mastering stages, and this song may still get a little bit of editing done so i really appreciate any constructive critisism etc!

It's called " Another Chance At Life "

http://www.myspace.com/ascensionbanduk

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, amazing song man. Catchy song indeed.

Sorry, but I haven't listened to any of Ascension stuff until now, so pardon my ignorance, but were you the one playing the lead guitar? I asked, because the solo is great. :headbang:

EDIT: I am liking the song more and more (my 5th time listening to it).

Hey man! thanks a lot for the comments :)

No im the lead vocalist :) both our guitarists have solo's in this song, our guitarist fraser is the one who does all the widdly bits at the start and between the first chorus and second verse, and he also does the guitar solo after the bass solo.

the first solo you hear before the bass solo is our guitarist Doc's solo. everyone gets a chance to have bit of fret wankery in this song haha!

should have a couple more clips up from the new EP in a week or so, still lots of mixing/mastering to do. but its shaping up to be a great EP!

Glad to see we've made at least one new fan haha!

thanks man! aye i can say cellador have definatly infuenced our guitarists, and me a little bit to.

This song was written by Fraser and myself, On the new EP half the songs were written by fraser and myself and the other half by doc. doc has a very different writing style so theres a total mix of themes and styles on the EP, ill make sure to upload one of doc's ones to youtube when its all done and dusted to to see what people think of that to!

Liking the feedback so far folks!

I have told my other guitarist to check your band's myspace. You guys write great music. And yes, I've become a fan of your band as well :headbang:

Finally given myself the chance to listen to this and I'm very impressed! Fast, catchy, melodic, great vocals. Win as far as I'm concerned! Great job!

Also based on this song I can see why in the review of your gig with PQ you posted the reviewer compared the Guitarists to Li and Totman in terms of ability.

Doing some more mixing and editing the next few days with the producer, just wondered what you guys have to say about this one, we've got a couple of things noted, particularly the tom levels, and the solo's possibly being mixed a bit to high.

its a lot different than the other one i posted, as it was written by doc, and the other by Fraser.

All comments, critisizms, and suggestions are highly appreciated again as we're still doing a bit of editing before the EP is pressed :)

Ascension - The Sacrifice

Last edited by a moderator:
i've listened to the song about 15 times today (another chance at life)

and ricki, i hope you don't mind, but i posted the youtube link in dragonforce forum. if you do, i'll erase the post. :headbang:

hey man! nah we dont mind at all :) thanks for the promo haha!

What do you think of the other one, The Sacrifice? currently doing a tad of editing on it like bringing the tom and snare level up slightly, and editing some stuff on another chance at life to, like settling the vocals in a bit nicer, and the lead guitars have been re-recorded much better to!

Shaping up to be a really fine tuned EP haha!

just listened to "the sacrifice" sounds great man and you've got a great voice. \m/

for some reason, i liked the dark vocals around 5 minute mark. it was different, but it worked. keep it up!

hey great song and killer vocals wow really awesome - its reminds me of insania mixed with heavenly

only thing i would change would be the drum snare sound - for me to splashy needs to be a bit more tighter sound

otherwise fine