New Band Name..Help

Morothe

Teh Forest King
Dec 17, 2006
Massachusetts
Ok, my band broke up recently and Im doing a solo project, which is going to be like down tempo doom metal. I cant think of a name. I was going to use "Will O' The Wisp" but it didnt fit the style and was too long. Its going to be very solumn and "Shroud of Bereavement" like where as my old band was more about winter and stuff which was "Woods Of Ypres" like. Can someone help?

Just a couple off the top of my head...

Temple Of The Damned

Nothing Moves Down Here

Crystalized In Black

Eyes Of Oblivion

impaled with ice
frostbit black (i like that if i get a band i just might use that)
blood frozen flesh (chris barnes would be proud :rolleyes: )
iced for eternity

i could see chris barnse doing ANOTHER side project as blood frozen flesh with their hit "I Cum Ice" or "Stripped, Raped, And Icicled"

N-ICE :p

*sorry im bored there is nothing to do here

Personally I really like The Eve of Battle, which I came up with the other day. Except don't use it cause I like it :p I saw Nuclear Hearse from that name generator, thats ok, haha. (Not)

You're welcome to use any of my black/death metal names:

Random Black Metal Name List: Frostbitten Pidgeon (aflame with moonlit blood), Aflame on the Northern Cross, Black Cross from Afar, Goat of Northern Grimness, Moonlit Monkey on the Cross of Death, Altar of Devout Worship, Satanic Bingo Night, Norway Slaughter (corn right here at its best), Casual Moonlit Arson,

Random Death Metal Name List: Devouring the Disciple, Hope Disemboweled, Neurovisceral Bowel Eruption, Altar of (blood) Crevices, Holy Decapitation, Gutting the False, Nooblet Annihilation Convention (NAC), Gut Implosion, Crushing Genitalia, Shower of Gonads, Freshly Gutted, Invocation of Innards, Impaled Rotten Carcass (IRC yo), Incinerate the Destructors, Capitulating the Christians, Moldy Fermenting Giraffe (mmm), Devoured on the doorstep of christ, Vomit the Afterlife, Desecrating the Vile, Holy Evisceration Batman, Volatile Human Carcass Implosion, Pierced in the Soul, Hobbital Fence Impalement, Frodo Disembowelment, Embalming the Tortured Soul, Eating Yourself for Breakfast.

You're welcome to use any of my black/death metal names:

Random Black Metal Name List: Frostbitten Pidgeon (aflame with moonlit blood), Aflame on the Northern Cross, Black Cross from Afar, Goat of Northern Grimness, Moonlit Monkey on the Cross of Death, Altar of Devout Worship, Satanic Bingo Night, Norway Slaughter (corn right here at its best), Casual Moonlit Arson,

Random Death Metal Name List: Devouring the Disciple, Hope Disemboweled, Neurovisceral Bowel Eruption, Altar of (blood) Crevices, Holy Decapitation, Gutting the False, Nooblet Annihilation Convention (NAC), Gut Implosion, Crushing Genitalia, Shower of Gonads, Freshly Gutted, Invocation of Innards, Impaled Rotten Carcass (IRC yo), Incinerate the Destructors, Capitulating the Christians, Moldy Fermenting Giraffe (mmm), Devoured on the doorstep of christ, Vomit the Afterlife, Desecrating the Vile, Holy Evisceration Batman, Volatile Human Carcass Implosion, Pierced in the Soul, Hobbital Fence Impalement, Frodo Disembowelment, Embalming the Tortured Soul, Eating Yourself for Breakfast.

i heard abominable iron sloth today, pretty kick ass band actually lol that was funny shit

wow. i've never seen that website before. it's really coll actually :lol:

i was really bored in my social marketing class on wednesday and came up with what i think is a kind of cool name, Welkyn. welkin spelt with a y as you can all see. i was thinking it would have to be a pagan/black folk metal band, and it would have to have a killer logo. but that was what i was throwing around.

and my band in high school was called Blinding Silence, which our drummer came up with at 2 in the morning and we all thought it was cool. i still am rather partial to it

just do what dimmu borgir did, it means dark fortress in some other language, come up with something, it could be soiled pinecones and translate it and everyone would think you are sooooooooooo black metal
Good point.

Think of "Kalmah" also, which means "to the grave" in Karelian, which is a Finnish/Russian dialect.

it doesnt always have to be a good name

ex. the abominable iron sloth, children of bodom, cradle of filth, cattle decapitation, bad acid trip, unexpect, idk i dont think a band name is all that important, but than again thats what made me start listening to ablaze my sorrow