new band reccomendations

blackeyejoe

New Metal Member
Apr 6, 2008
hi metalheads
i love the following groups, whitesnake,black sabbath,iron maiden,nirvana,lamb of god,c.o.b,trivium, testament,pantera,down,opeth,rainbow, can anyone reccomend any new groups especially melodic metal like c.o.b and opeth. whats a good satyricon album to get? cheers ..............blackeye joe. :headbang:

If you like Opeth you might like Novum Organum. They've disbanded but they still have a myspace up. Also check out Farmakon.

hi metalheads
i love the following groups, whitesnake,black sabbath,iron maiden,nirvana,lamb of god,c.o.b,trivium, testament,pantera,down,opeth,rainbow, can anyone reccomend any new groups especially melodic metal like c.o.b and opeth. whats a good satyricon album to get? cheers ..............blackeye joe. :headbang:

Okay. Seems to be mostly the larger, more popular groups - just getting into metal.

So. This is a mix of classic albums everyone should own and stuff I picked based on the stuff you said you like.

In Flames - The Jester Race, Subterranean, Clayman
Dark Tranquility - The Gallery
Soilwork - A Predator's Portrait, Stabbing The Drama
At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours, Slaughter Of The Soul
Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness, Blessed Are The Sick, Covenant
Death - Sound Of Perseverance, Individual Thought Patterns, Scream Bloody Gore
Testament - The Gathering, The New Order
Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse, Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk
Orphaned Land - Mabool
Kalmah - The Black Waltz
Arch Enemy - Doomsday Machine, Burning Bridges
Kreator - Enemy Of God, Pleasure To Kill, Violent Revolution, Extreme Aggression
Sodom - Agent Orange, M16
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Helloween - Keeper Of The Seven Keys
Bathory - Under The Sign Of The Black Mark, Blood Fire Death, Hammerheart
Venom - Black Metal, Welcome To Hell
Motorhead - Bomber, Overkill, Ace Of Spades
Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny, British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance, Painkiller
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden, The Number Of The Beast, Piece Of Mind, Powerslave, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, Somewhere In Time, Brave New World
Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love, Shout At The Devil, Girls Girls Girls, Doctor Feelgood
Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales/Emperor's Return, To Mega Therion

Okay. Seems to be mostly the larger, more popular groups - just getting into metal.

So. This is a mix of classic albums everyone should own and stuff I picked based on the stuff you said you like.

In Flames - The Jester Race, Subterranean, Clayman
Death - Sound Of Perseverance, Individual Thought Patterns, Scream Bloody Gore
Testament - The Gathering, The New Order
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Helloween - Keeper Of The Seven Keys
Motorhead - Bomber, Overkill, Ace Of Spades
Judas Priest - Sad Wings Of Destiny, British Steel, Screaming For Vengeance, Painkiller
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden, The Number Of The Beast, Piece Of Mind, Powerslave, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, Somewhere In Time, Brave New World
All of these ones are absolutely great. Listen to this guy.

Scar Symmetry - Symmetric in Design, Pitch Black Progress.

Kinda melodic death with low growls, screams, and amazing clean vocals.
Solos are great too.

If you like COB, check out Norther. I personally think Death Unlimited is their best album.

Other good melodic metal is Borknagar and Amorphis.

Good Borknagar albums: The Olden Domain, The Archaic Course, Quintessence, Empiricism
Good Amorphis albums: Tales From the Thousand Lakes, Elegy, Eclipse, Silent Waters (many will also say The Karelian Isthmus, which is a good album; it's more straight line death metal, whereas after that album they went in a more melodic direction)

hi!
my recommendations:

old bands:
Tourniquet (Microscopic View Of A Telescopic Realm, Psycho Surgery)
Mortification (Relentless)
Hades (Exist To Resist)
Orphaned Land (Mabool)
Kataklysm (Shadows & Dust)
The Experience (Insight, Realusion)
Steel Attack (Where Mankind Fails)

new bands:
Fearscape (Sleeping In Light)
Skyfire (Spectral)
Into Eternity (Buried In Oblivion)
Watch Them Die
Deep Inside Myself (At A Late Hour)
Swallow The Sun (The Morning Never Came)

The Absence - Riders Of The Plague, From Your Grave
Amon Amarth - Fate Of Norns
Blaze(anything by them will do)
Carcass - Heartwork
Arsis - United in Regret
Dissection - Reinkaos (Melodic Death, the others are melodic black, if you want it: The Somberlain, Storm Of The Light's Bane)