new bands to listen to?

Nevermorian

#1 Backstreet Boys Fan
Sep 2, 2001
Germany
www.myspace.com
Hello everyone!

I think this is a question you all should know an answer to; I am searching for a band I don't know already. I need something emotional, just like Evergrey. No Black or Death please, not my kind (at least right now).
Whatever comes to your mind, if it's gothicMetal, ProgMetal, anything you know, just tell me, okay? :)
Bands I listen to; Evergrey (who would have guessed), Dream Theater, Lake of Tears, Chroma key, subway to sally (a german band, guess noone knows them...?), some Iced Earth, some Stratovarius, Death...Okay, maybe you have an idea what to suggest to me? I am unable to find a good band myself, so I ask you...And try to reawake this forum again! :)

Originally posted by Nevermorian
subway to sally (a german band, guess noone knows them...?)
well, I know them - just got back from another gig of them :)

Another band I'd recommend is Nightingale.
But I have to say that usually a question like that is quite useless. We don't know which bands you don't know ;) ...and with the bands you mentioned you're not exactly narrowing what you're looking for. None of the mentioned bands sound like Evergrey. Or did I miss the point? :confused:

Uhm, er... hm...

Well, you're posting mostly old bands. The bands, which are on the metal scene for several years now.

Well, let me do the same thing. Have you checked out Amon Amarth yet? Guess not. Do it! What about... Evergrey? :D they're quite uknown around here :D try them, pal. You won't be sorry for that.

Well I must promote Shadow Gallery as always :D This progressive metal band has released four albums so far, Shadow Gallery, Carved In Stone, Tyranny and Legacy. I recommend that you pick up either CIS or Tyranny first.
Other bands I'd recommend are Paradise Lost and Anathema. Good luck.

Originally posted by Gaunerin
@ Immortal: nothing wrong with the bands you mentioned (I like Amon Amarth myself for example) but Nevermorian didn't ask for Death or Black Metal.

er, sorry. I just took a glimpse at nevermorian's post, so I overlooked those lines.

Well... I'm staying by Elvenking. Good heathen metal. Folk-pagan metal I call this.

Try, you won't be sorry

well, I know them - just got back from another gig of them :)

Another band I'd recommend is Nightingale.
But I have to say that usually a question like that is quite useless. We don't know which bands you don't know ;) ...and with the bands you mentioned you're not exactly narrowing what you're looking for. None of the mentioned bands sound like Evergrey. Or did I miss the point? :confused:

Well, of course there won't be a band sounding like Evergrey, but I just thought to give an idea of Bands I like and wait what you all have to say :)

P.S: Der Gig in Krefeld? Wenn ja, war auch da :)

Originally posted by Nevermorian
P.S: Der Gig in Krefeld? Wenn ja, war auch da :)
apparantly that was the gig, yes :)

as for Evergrey sounding bands.....I think I remember some ppl referring to Kharma Cosmic as being close to Evergrey. They're a more unkown band from Sweden and while I quite like what I heard it's nowhere near the dark atmosphere of Evergrey.

well, let's see..
if you want power metal try with kamelot, sonata arctica (something like stratovarius, but much better) and shaman
if you want prog metal try with pain of salvation, symphony x, power of omens and andromeda

apparantly that was the gig, yes :)

as for Evergrey sounding bands.....I think I remember some ppl referring to Kharma Cosmic as being close to Evergrey. They're a more unkown band from Sweden and while I quite like what I heard it's nowhere near the dark atmosphere of Evergrey.

Cool band, they have some songs at mp3.com, but they are far closer to Dream Theater than Evergrey.