New to the board, new fan!

Surreal

New Metal Member
Jun 17, 2002
Connecticut, USA
www.geocities.com
Greetings!

I'm Surreal. I just found this board yesterday. Actually, I was only recently introduced to Evergrey this month. :)

In the past year or so, I've been introduced to a lot of new Prog and Metal. Bands like Symphony X, Soilwork and Evergrey have quickly become some of my favorites. When I first listened to In Search Of Truth I knew I had better listen to all they've done. :)

Great music, great vocals! I'm a vocalist myself, a female prog. singer, and I can be picky on what I listen to based on the vocals. I've heard bands where the "singer" screams through everything. I really don't enjoy that. :lol:

I do, however, enjoy Evergrey very much. I look forward to getting to know other fans. I hope you're nice to newbies! ;)

Hi there

It seems that more and more people everday join this board, wich is great!

Like yourself Im a freelance photographer, and I was lucky to have photopass at SWEDEN ROCK 6-8 June, so I have alot of EVERGREY photos, just need to go to the darkroom and get them developed sometime this week.

I will post a link to the page so you can check them out if you want to:)

well ... hi :)

I am not new at the UM-board, but new into this forum, I bought my first Evergrey-CD today ("In Search Of Truth"), and it is cool, but I just listen to it the first time, so I can't really say anything about it ...

But I will ... later :)

Thanks btw @ Gaunerin, who told me that Evergrey are a great band, without her I wouldn't have bought the CD :)

Bye,
Corny :D

So nice to newbies! :D

Thanks for the great welcome. Thank you, shadowland, for the offer. I'd love to see those pictures!

I've always been a music fan, anything from Yanni to 80's hair bands to Type O Negative. I think I started getting into prog. more when I got into Dream Theater. Freakin' HUGE fan. I do, however, like my prog. a with a little more "iron" in it's blood. :lol: I've been listening to Evergrey and Soilwork quite a bit lately. "Natural Born Chaos" is really good. I never really got into them, mabie a few songs. Again, the vocal thing. I like to sing with what I listen to.

Hi there,

A mate gave me the album In Search of Truth and I just cannot put that album down. I have become a fan after one album and 2 days !

I actually believe it is one of the best concept albums I have heard in a long time. I loved the storyline about the abduction and the lyrics and the writing are just awesome !!

And I just wanted to share that with you lot, I just love Rulers of the Mind it is just so beautifull to listen to.

I have a ton of other albums to listen to, but I am telling you this album just grows on you everytime.

I would love to see these guys live.

oh and just very quickly,

I can't seem to figure out the ending of the track of Misled. When the people in white come, are they people from a mental institution (because they don't believe his story) or are they government officials in white protective clothing.

I would love to know, coz I just can't figure it out.

Immersive Stories, I love them.

There is something about that track that just simply exudes something I have not felt in a long time.

Maybe it is the lyrics or just that stunning chorus which really grabs you.

Thank God for EverGrey.

But other bands I like which are similar are Queensryche (Operation MindCrime) and Dream Theatre (Scenes of a Memory).

Strong story lines and awesome lyrics and musicianship really grab me.

Metal Thailand

..there must be some fit birds that are into this music, it is just so incredible to listen to.

Hello Surreal...

I consider myself a progressive rock vocalist as well, more of a Savatage(Zak Stevens)/Dan Swano basis than those tenors such as Russell Allen of Symphony X, and I'd love to hear some of your material! I'm a huge fan of Lana Lane and Evergrey's Carina Kjellberg...

My email is Aethernal@hotmail.com, send me a message sometime soon! We can perhaps trade some .wav files.

Welcome to the board!

Believe it or not, I don't have any "real" recordings of myself... only stuff from local shows/talent stuff. I'll see if I can get those on my computer some time. I'm just a little tired today. Saw Rush's opening night for their tour last night!!! :D

Originally posted by Metal_Thailand

I can't seem to figure out the ending of the track of Misled. When the people in white come, are they people from a mental institution (because they don't believe his story) or are they government officials in white protective clothing.

I would love to know, coz I just can't figure it out.

I think the guys in white coats might be asylum keepers....