New Beyond Twilight album (is going to KICK ASS) (I hope)

NoSoup4you

Jan 6, 2005
There's an interview online with Finn Zierler here about it:

http://www.antenna.nu/beyondtwilight/interview1.php

You can compare the structure to reading a book, watching a movie or as a complex story with a lot of emotions being told in form of music. Some of the key pieces are repeated but composed and played modified in a different tune, tact or pattern. One of the pieces is even played backwards. One piece is written for rhythmic laughter - music consisting of rhythmic laughter on top of rhythms and music. For the Love of Art and the Making is one long composition of about 40 minutes with a lifeline from start to end but on top of all this it is dived into 43 sections. 46 actually; three of the sections are hidden. The sections are all pieces of a puzzle. It is written in a way so that the listener can put the CD player on shuffle if he/she wants to create a new lifeline or create a new puzzle and gather the pieces differently and 'maybe' discover new secrets and understanding of the work.

This should be INTERESTING, to say the least. I have a hard time getting into, well, even 20 minute compositions, but so far Zierler has written nothing but genius music. At the same time I'll miss being able to listen to "songs." I'm also wondering how 40 minutes can be divided into more than 40 meaningful sections.... Anyway, what do you guys think.

Wow. Section X was mind-blowing; so was The Devil's Hall Of Fame.
I hope this gonna be even better?! :O I don't know actually. :D

Hi Mike! Good to hear! I've loved every version of BT, and will probably be picking it up as soon as it comes out! Bring your drinking shoes to Atlanta! :heh:

J-Dubya

YES, the album sounds fucking epic! I haven't listened to much, I just downloaded a crappy leak with no track divisions, but I'm pre-ordering the album today. "In the Eyes of My Soul" is sick.

NoSoup4you said:
YES, the album sounds fucking epic! I haven't listened to much, I just downloaded a crappy leak with no track divisions, but I'm pre-ordering the album today. "In the Eyes of My Soul" is sick.

Actually there will be no track divisions on the original as well. The whole album is one long song. Less than 40 minutes.