New Black Sabbath DVD

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
BLACK SABBATH: 'Cross Purposes' Live Video To Be Released On DVD - Nov. 4, 2003

BLACK SABBATH's "Cross Purposes" home video, originally issued in March 1995 as part of the "Cross Purposes – Live" video twin pack and CD, will be re-released in DVD format on November 25 through Classic Rock Legends.

Filmed live in concert at the Hammersmith Apollo in 1994, "Cross Purposes" features the lineup of Tony Iommi (lead guitar), Tony Martin (vocals), Geezer Butler (bass), Bobby Rondinelli (drums), and Geoff Nicholls (keyboards).

The complete track listing for the DVD is as follows:

01. Time Machine
02. Children Of The Grave
03. I Witness
04. Mob Rules
05. Into The Void
06. Anno Mundi
07. Black Sabbath
08. Neon Knights
09. Psychophobia
10. Wizard
11. Cross Of Thorns
12. Symptom Of The Universe
13. Headless Cross
14. Paranoid
15. Iron Man
16. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Amazon.com is currently accepting pre-orders for the DVD at this location.

:worship: :worship: TONY MARTIN! :worship: :worship:

:worship: :worship: TONY MARTIN! :worship: :worship:

It needs more Headless Cross material and way less Ozzy era material, but whatever, it will be good to have a professional quality gig from when Tony was in the band :headbang:

The Best Singer Ever wasn't in very good health for most of the Cross Purposes tour, and (apparently) it shows in this performance. I'll get it anyway because I've always wanted to see a live Sabbath video from an era other than Ozzy. That's a bloody terrific setlist !:headbang:.

Blitz, get a copy of "The Sabbath Stones" and go from there. It's a compilation of 80s and 90s era stuff that's much easier to find now than it once was.

W

'Under Wheels of Confusion' is pretty cool, but only the last disc in the set has any post-Dio Sabbath on it, and then you get three different vocalists in Gillan, Hughes and Martin. 'Sabbath Stones' is better for 80s Sabbs.

Under Wheels of Confusion only has two Tony Martin era songs on it, and one of them ain't too flash at all :cry:.

It's still a great box set. I bought it for myself for Christmas three years ago and (by sheer coincidence) am listening to it as I type.

W

If you're thinking of getting "all the albums", save yourself some trouble and just buy 'The Complete 70s Replica Collection' off Amazon. All the Ozzy albums in miniature LP replicas. Then get the Dio albums, 'Born Again', 'Headless Cross' and 'Tyr'. I'd skip 'Eternal Idol' and 'Seventh Star' as Sabbath (or rather Iommi) was at a pretty low point then.

Tony Martin is the greatest.

Can't wait for this DVD, i have the video/cd pack already though.

It is true that Tony was not at his best for these shows due to sickness, and his voice does crack a few times unfortunately.

Winmar said:
Never heard Tony Martin. Anyone got a picture of him handy?
martin.gif
:)

Gore, we agree on the crappiness of Live Evil, but I must take issue with your comments on The Eternal Idol. It may have been recorded at a time when Sabbath consisted of Tony Iommi, Tony Martin, a bunch of sessionmen and the bloke who dropped by the studio to fix the coffee machine, but there are still some great songs on that album. All of them except the title track in fact :).

W