New Bulb Mix Test Clip! Feedback and Criticism greatly appreciated!

bulb

Jan 4, 2007
Hey guys,

Im trying out a pretty much brand new mix for myself while sticking to pretty much the same ingredients: Dfhs and my Podxt.
I decided to rerecord a short clip of an already existing song so that i could get some good a/b comparisons and i like the way it is sounding so far.
I was going for a more open and natural drum sound and i changed a few things on the guitar and bass patches as well. Also i went for a slightly more compressed overall mix to give it a bit more of that "in your face" quality to it.

The thing is you guys are smart and some of you probably have very nice and revealing monitors, so i was hoping for some good old constructive criticism and any tips you may have to offer to improve the production.

Here is the link to the clip:
http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/03/default.cfm?bandID=147108&content=song&songID=5006554

thanks guys, hope ya like it!!

I'm listening on laptop speakers, so I won't critique the mix, but cool song. You and the Tesseract guy have very similar writing styles.

thanks dudes!
the bass is actually just my schecter 5 string thru the podxt with a lower gain version of the guitar patch and more bass.

the snare is the pearl birch snare from dfhs and i dunno man, getting it to sound like that has taken A LOT of tweaking, but i cut down on the compression a bit, and i just eq'd it so it would fit the guitar tone better!

The snare is a lot better than your old snare.

As usual, the whole thing sounds tight as fuck.