New Cab Day Yay!

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Jun 11, 2009
N.S.W. Australia
Even more epic than the last one!

So the story is, I sold my Mesa cab (3/4 back, C90's, custom finish, many of you probably saw it so I won't bother posting pics) because I couldn't deal with the really shrill high end it put on things (I got $250 more than I bought it for so win win right?)

Anyhoo today I went into my local music store and after some haggling (the guy said $1950, I said $1900 even, he said yup, I said win) out came a big ass box containing this.

P1010224.jpg

It sounds so goddamn epic. I can't wait to get it to rehearsal on Wednesday night. No video or recordings for now, I have a NGD coming soon so I'll do a video then and kill 2 birds with one stone.

Nice. I saw that other custom cab back on ebay with the original pics still(?) I wondered what was up. :lol:

I paid $1970 for the slant 12 months ago and around $1900 (part of a deal) for the straight. They are willing to deal at the moment it seems. They are still making bucketloads of course.

The prices are about to go up apparently.

Apparently I got a discount off the "old price". He said "Let's see, $2395, for you $1950" which is where I started haggling. But in my head I rolled my eyes because their website has the "sale" price at $2050, the $2395 was the RRP.

Like I appreciate the discount, but don't quote me the RRP as the actual price so your discount seems better than it is, I won't turn my nose up at $150 off but don't think I'm dumb enough to believe that you would knock nearly $500 off.

I'm actually really keen to get up early and blast it out again. Which is worth noting because I hate getting up early.

Thanks Marcus!

:oops:

i feel so bad everytime i see someone talk about the price of a mesa overseas

congrats on the new cab tho!