recommend me a 212 cab

Fragle

Jul 27, 2005
Germany
ok, right now i'm using a laney 412...exact model unknown. it has the h+h speakers, and is either 4/16 ohm mono or 8 ohm stereo. i'm using this cab ONLY at home (i have a 1960 fullstack for rehearsal, and i don't take this cab on the road), so it's basically overkill. therefore i think it's time for something smaller. i don't want to spend a fortune, though, and i'll go used.
right now, i'm thinking about either the marshall 1936 (basically a straight up trade for the laney), or even a mesa thiele 1x12 cab (the laney and some cash). as i already said, this will be strictly for home use, and maybe some clip recording in the future.
i tend to like the celestion gt75w speakers, or in other words i'm not a vintage30 nazi :p although the idea of having both a 75 and a 30 in one cab seems nice.

any ideas or other suggestions?
thanks

the marshall 1936 is nice. I almost bought one but I'm not a big fan of the gt75w or whatever comes in them.

never played the mesa you mentioned.

soldano and vht 2x12's are also pretty nice, although quite spendy. ($500 or $600 new for the 2x12 i think). orange is another option..although again really really spendy.

if money is an issue the 1936 is a good option in my opinion. and if you ever want to replace speakers, it's only two instead of four! ;)

I'm sure people here use avatar. Anyone care to give a review of one because I want to pick up a decent cab for recording and occasional playing with bands.