New CAGE album in 2007

tsorl

Borne on Wings of Steel
Aug 3, 2003
Finland
www.ollischroderus.fi
American heavy metal band CAGE announces the completion of their new cd "HELL DESTROYER" to be released in 2007.

The band has spent the last 3 years in making the ultimate concept album based on the bible's revelations mixed with new world order conspiracies that climax with the demonic invasion of the earth.

Check out the new song HELL DESTROYER at their official My Space page (www.myspace.com/cageheavymetal), add it to your profile and let us know what you think...

About time! The title tracks kicks asses...:headbang:

I was hoping you meant Dario Mollo / Tony Martin "Cage"... oh well.

The cover art doesn't show for me, so here's another try :

helldestroyer.jpg

Ok, the release date for Hell Destroyer is May 18th. Here's the tracklisting:

1. DESCENSION
2. HELL DESTROYER
3. I AM THE KING
4. THE CIRCLE OF LIGHT
5. CHRIST HAMMER
6. BORN IN BLOOD
7. ABOMINATION
8. INNAUGURATION
9. RISE OF THE BEAST
10. CREMATION OF CARE
11. BOHEMIAN GROVE
12. FINAL PROCLAMATION
13. FROM DEATH TO LEGEND
14. LEGION OF DEMONS
15. BETRAYAL
16. FALL OF THE ANGELS
17. FIRE AND METAL
18. BEYOND THE APOCALYPSE
19. THE LORDS OF CHAOS
20. METAL DEVIL
21. KING DIAMOND-BONUS TRACK

It's a concept album and looks like there's a good number of intro/outro tracks as well. We've already seen "some other band" completely failing at a concept like this a few months ago, now it's Cage's turn to show how it's done right! They shall not disappoint, I know it!:kickass:

More info and some sound clips here.

I just listened to the leaked promo for the first time. I am more than satisfied with the result. I am not sure if the topped "Darker than Black", but the album is very very good. Sean Peck is amazing once again, the guitars and the drums are killing... I can't wait for the official release.

Six listens in and it's not grabbing me like Darker Than Black, a solid-gold pedastal album in my Hallowed Hall of Fame.

It's still super heavy (minus the numerous spoken interlude intros) and still CAGE metal, but I've yet to feel a special "something" like songs Kill The Devil, Chupacabra, Blood of the Innocent, etc.

The sound, style and heaviness is there, but not the songwriting. I was hoping with the 4-year layoff they could pull out a miracle and top Darker Than Black... but no go.

A very good effort and worth attention, but nowhere close to Darker Than Black.

I got my hands on the real thing yesterday and after about 5 spins I have to disagree with TSO, this is definitely up there with DtB. The concept is the strongest point IMO, well executed and very apocalyptic (check out the booklet and the artwork!). Although there are interludes and spoken-word passages they're very cool and not there to distract the listener away from the poor songwriting á la Manowar. So fear not, there is a lot of music here and it's all 100% metal. Christhammer and Bohemian Grove are just stellar!

I can understand why this might be a minor disappointment to some people because Darker Than Black was just crushing. I mean no one saw that album coming, probably not even hardcore Cage fans as it was a huge step up from their previous works. Obviously they couldn't make a similar step now because that would pretty much break most of the laws of physics and metal.

Hell Destroyer is a worthy successor to DtB. Musically it's very similar of course but the wicked concept story more than makes up for the occasional deja-vus (as if riff recycling is a problem to most UMOSers anyway :lol:).

I can understand why this might be a minor disappointment to some people because Darker Than Black was just crushing. I mean no one saw that album coming, probably not even hardcore Cage fans as it was a huge step up from their previous works. Obviously they couldn't make a similar step now because that would pretty much break most of the laws of physics and metal.
Agreed. Topping Darker than Black would have defied the laws of physics and metal! And I agree this is a great follow-up.

I'm running off the promo with no lyrics or cover artwork so it's like watching the play from behind a curtain. Musically speaking though, being blind to the show, this album doesn't hold the "magic" of DtB. I'm sure the story helps even the gap.

From what I've listened to, this is going to be great. I can't wait to hear the whole thing.
I think the cover art is great. I've always been a fan of CAGE. I'm already looking forward to the next album, God knows when that'll come out.