New CD on eBay

Noone cares!! *weeps*

hahahaha!

Someone will buy the cd I'm sure. The promos only just got sent out very very recently and already they're selling it on ebay. They even have the release date posted in the listing! Unscrupulous fuckers. Oh well.

i'm all over the CD, even though i'd like to buy a not UPC punched copy, but hell, for .99...

Edit: And i'd buy that poster...but 11x17? is that like, a promo flat type size?

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
Noone cares!! *weeps*

hahahaha!

Someone will buy the cd I'm sure. The promos only just got sent out very very recently and already they're selling it on ebay. They even have the release date posted in the listing! Unscrupulous fuckers. Oh well.

This jus makes me ill..... :yuk:

Damnationx said:
i'm all over the CD, even though i'd like to buy a not UPC punched copy, but hell, for .99...

Edit: And i'd buy that poster...but 11x17? is that like, a promo flat type size?

Well, if you manage to get it that cheap, then you can surely buy a second copy from us later on :D It won't have a punched UPC I promise you!

Yeah that poster is basically a record company promo used in stores and stuff, so it was never made available for the public to buy or anything. In fact, I don't even have one of those posters myself, damn it!!

NvmbrsDoom5 said:
Well, if you manage to get it that cheap, then you can surely buy a second copy from us later on :D It won't have a punched UPC I promise you!

Yeah that poster is basically a record company promo used in stores and stuff, so it was never made available for the public to buy or anything. In fact, I don't even have one of those posters myself, damn it!!

Yea, and I want my Pale Haunt Departure poster. :D

Maybe I will buy that poster then.

/ND whore.

Dragon_Unearthed said:
This jus makes me ill..... :yuk:

Yeah well I'm sure their mode of thinking is "hey I'll sell it on ebay now and it'll sell for a premium since it's not even out yet!" But yknow, when people get sent promos, it's for reviewing purposes and such, not a "free gift". It's a privelege to get free cds from the record company, a privelege that can be taken away if people abuse it too much. At the least, respecting the fact that the cd isn't even available for sale yet, and waiting until after its released before you sell off your promos is considerably better. But it's a risk you take when sending out promos these days I guess, and it's inevitable that not everyone can be trusted to be honest.

We posted this on the forum not because we encourage it's sale, but because we'd rather that one of you guys here at the forum, who've shown us true support and all, get a crack at getting this cd first, rather than some other unscrupulous fucker who'll buy it cheap so he can upload it for people to download for free! I'm sure that the album has probably already been put out on the 'net for downloading by someone somewhere at this point, unfortunately. We only ask that if any of you do in fact get a hold of our album now, PLEASE do not spread it around on the 'net for others to d/l for free. You can talk about the album here and stuff and your thoughts on it, we won't hold that against you. We're eager to hear what people think of it, for sure! But downloading really really hurts us, especially when it's done weeks before the cd is even available. The loss of record sales due to downloading greatly affects a small band like ours, as opposed to say the Metallicas and Nickelbacks of the world, who probably wouldnt be affected by several hundred free downloads. Anyhow, you guys get the point.

Don't forget, The End are going to be taking pre-orders very soon, and the first orders will get a free two sided poster as well, as an added incentive. As for things like autographed copies or whatever, not sure about that just yet. Maybe that's something we can offer through our own website sales or something, we'll have to look into the possibility of that. We'll keep you posted!

Yea, I fully plan on Pre-Ordering it.

But, i'm not opposed to winning this promo copy, listening to it, and giving a fan-perspective review. :D

You know... I'm an asshole. Yet, selling promos for profit isn't something I'll even consider. If the thing's marked in any way, I either give it as a gift to someone into the band, break dead-even on shipping, or get something towards the gas spent getting to where I handed it over.

There is a chance this auction will be pulled offline. The End is also not pleased with this. If it remains, it seems this guy knew exactly what he was doing, as it's only a 3 day auction, and it's happens over the weekend where eBay is not fully staffed. This may go to a winner. 2 bids so far, I really hope this goes to one of you guys.

you know... if i had an ebay account and knew how to use it, i'd buy it, then give it to a friend who has never heard novembers doom, then if they like it, i'd force them to buy the album when it comes out

It's a full, actual copy, not a promo with a cardboard sleeve. I would not expect one of you guys to buy this, and then go buy it again! As I don't like the idea of his profit from a copy he got for free, and is selling it early, I do however want those who want a copy, to get one. I guess I'd rather see this then a download, at least you're getting the full packaging, and artwork, and to me it's all equally important to the product.

I got the poster; 1 down, 1 to go. I'll win the auction and send you $10 just to prove a point that self-righteous assholes have no right in doing this shit. The money deserves to go to the artists who spend the time in making what we are able to purchase.

i think this is going to be the first album in a while that i am not going to dload before the release and buying it. I decided today that im not going to do that anymore for bands i already know and listen to.
Im a reformed dloader.