New Classical/Progressive Metal Track.

Garfo

Metal fool
Hey guys,

I've just finished off recording and mixing a new track, called 'The Pariah.' It's a cross between classical, instrumental metal, and progressive rock, with an ambient bit thrown in at then end. I'm moderately happy with the sound, just posting to see if you guys have any input on the mix, and such.

You can get the track at: www.garfomusic.com/audio/Pariah.mp3

Thanks for any input on this dudes,

Regards,

Garfo.

Sounds great Garfo!!

With the synths and all, this is the stuff i really like.. very cool!

How did you do the synths b.t.w.?

oh yeah, one flaw, since you mentioned it's progressive, it should at least be 9 minutes long! ;)

Haha, kick ass man. Nice synths bro, and great heavy breakdown near the middle of the song. Nice lead playing and especially the first time lead guitars come in at the beginning of the song, I like the phrasing. :headbang:

~006

Hey guys thanks for the listening and the comments, glad ya dug it.

To answer your questions Bob, the orchestra arrangements were done using Edirol Orchestra HQ, and the outro synths again were the Arturia CS-80V, which at the moment I really dig. I found a couple of great patches on it, and decided to stick em in.

Umm, now, the rhythm guitar, was my Fender Mexican Strat, played in Drop B (B A D G B E), but I only managed to hunt down a 49' for the low B, so this is a reason the ryth guitars sound a little dull with the low riffage. I was a little worried if I brightened them too much, the low B might end up sounding like crap, as I also used the same tuning on my Aria Fretless acoustic Bass. (Bad workmen blaming instruments again :saint: )

Both the guitar and bass were processed through my POD XTL, and recorded directly. Lead guitar was also my mex strat, through a patch on the xtl.

Drums were a collection of samples I have collected, loaded into the NNXT in Reason 3, where I added some compression, eq, reverb and such, and contolled via a midi track in Sonar.

That I think is about it. Next time I'll make sure it reaches the nine minute mark :) .

Cheers guys,

Garfo.

Oh yeah forgot to mention as well it as a Nevermore feel to it around the 3:15 mark, which is always a good thing :)

Hey mendel, thanks for listening bro. I just used Sonar 4 for recording and mixing, and went through my soundblaster live card. There's a more detailed post a few above this one with what gear and sounds I used etc..

Garfo.