NEW COB SONG CRY OF THE NIHILIST

Haha, cool joke bro :cool:

It was worth listening once.

I listened to it once...as you said..

and I won't do it again...

I think listening to the song was worth it. It is growing on me and I am enjoying it more and more. But the video.... just no.

you know..when first time I heard was it worth it..I hoped the rest of the album would be better..

but was it worth it has been the best out and away! (though I expected way more from COB)..

and about the video...OH...just don't talk about it again please..

Man, hearing this just kind of dampens my hope. There's so much less melody in the songs, so much less harmony...I forget who said it, but it's now "thrash with melodic influences, not the other way around, like it used to be." I'm no hardcore "old Bodom" warrior, but I don't like the whole new thrash dimension. What I absolutely cannot stand, is what they're doing with the vocals. Knock the effects off already, my God! I feel like this song would be ten times better if they just fucking killed the stupid vocal effects. Call me crazy, but I actually love Alexi's vocals for the past six albums. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Man, hearing this just kind of dampens my hope. There's so much less melody in the songs, so much less harmony..

can't u hear the that harmony on the chorus? the amazing dual guitar/keyboard pre-solo? the lead by the end of the track .. these are melodies we missed since HCDR days :)

can't u hear the that harmony on the chorus? the amazing dual guitar/keyboard pre-solo? the lead by the end of the track .. these are melodies we missed since HCDR days :)

I agree. Aside for a few recent tracks like Lobodomy we won't be seeing many songs with multiple solos anymore but Darkshadow is right when he mentions the harmonies, dual pre-solo and lead chorus melody at the end. And if you have listened to the newest samples you'll hear even more of those in the other songs. I have a feeling we'll be in for a real treat when we actually have the full album available to us.

This album is kind of dissapointing me. I have grown to like ugly a lot more then i like Was it worth it.
And this song has such a Bad ass name that i thought it would be a lot better haha.
oh well maybe just give it some time and it will sound better

sixpounder, just wait till you hear Shovel Knockout! For me it sounds like the kind of song that is so Children of Bodom that you'll see a million fucking lakes and forests pop up in your eyes.

I just feel like the melodies should hit you right away, like they used to...again, not a hardcore spartan for the old albums, but the way the melodies were so prominent was fantastic. Now I feel like I'm digging for them. So far, I hate everything Matt Hyde has done with this album: mixing, and vocal effects. XP

I hate the vocal effects as well. Personally I don't feel like Matt Hyde was a good choice to go with. As non-metal as The 69 Eyes are, I didn't like what he did with their latest album, and so far I'm not entirely liking what he's done with this album. But that's just personal opinion.

As for this song, it's not bad. I'll have to give it a few more listens and see if it grows on me.