unorganic
uninteresting
no catchyness/no groove
unappealing
no replay value
boring
ripoff of newer bands like Despised icon and Beneath the Massacre
Cryptopsy didn't come up with "extreme metal" what a joke

Actually it's absolutely nothing like Despised Icon, though they did make an incredible shift like Icon did (except Despised Icon still kicks ass).

I like the new track a lot better than the other ones, but it's nowhere near what they were. I like it, but from a Metalcore perspective and not as much.

Also, The Faceless have a new singer now. I saw him when they played here Sunday and talked to him a little after the show. It is impossible with the limitations on the English language to describe how much better he is than the old guy. I thought their old stuff was OK, but now I can't wait for them to put out a new album...

Also, all 3 bands discussed in this post will be on Summer Slaughter Tour.

Just saw this:
CRYPTOPSY Calls It Quits

Montreal's CRYPTOPSY has revealed that they have decided to postpone all future CRYPTOPSY performances and the release of the group's forthcoming album, "The Unspoken King", Drummer Flo Mounier had this to say:

"Due to the current circumstances of the fans being unable to comprehend our new material, we have decided to call it quits. It should be said, however, that this will probably not be permanent, but we shall see. For we, the band, feel that the fans deserve from us something that they can appreciate no matter how closed minded they may be, and as such we have failed to deliver such to them, it is our obligation to quit and reevaluate the situation and take stock of our lives. We did not wish to alienate our entire fan base, let alone do it before the album even hit the shelves, but alas that is exactly what we have done. As such we have decided that the best thing to do at the moment is to drop off the SUMMER SLAUGHTER TOUR and postpone the release of our new album "The Unspoken King", possibly forever. We are very sorry if some of you were looking forward to seeing us on tour, but it must be said that as a band, the reaction we got from the leaked songs was not positive at all and it was felt that the same reaction would probably occur out on tour. Therefore, we have decided to not continue on with our current tour and album commitment. Again, we are sorry and want to thank ll the loyal fans for years of buying our stuff and going to see us live despite the line up changes we've had over the years!"

CRYPTOPSY's last studio album, "Once Was Not", was released in 2005 via Century Media Records and has sold 77,000 copies world wide.

I would love it if they did, a band who actually cares about its fans enough to cancel an album that was not accepted would generate immense respect in me.

I'm gonna have to say, I'm of the opposite opinion. I would, 99% of the time, rather have a band do what they like to and not care about what others think, including fans - I think this usually results in a much better album and also more pure/artistic. I think bands staying true to themselves is more important. Compromising their creativity, direction and sound to appeal to certain audiences (even their own) isn't much different in principle from 'selling out'.

I would love it if they did, a band who actually cares about its fans enough to cancel an album that was not accepted would generate immense respect in me.

I'm gonna have to say, I'm of the opposite opinion. I would, 99% of the time, rather have a band do what they like to and not care about what others think, including fans - I think this usually results in a much better album and also more pure/artistic. I think bands staying true to themselves is more important. Compromising their creativity, direction and sound to appeal to certain audiences (even their own) isn't much different in principle from 'selling out'.

i agree with bof of you.

4948254.jpg