Some Cryptopsy samples from the new album

ROFL, i've never bothered to listen to...ok.....wow. worst song ever

HOLY SHIT

Yeah, I just read on the Cryptopsy forums that they were confirmed by Flo to be pre-prod tracks.
All I have to say is: RIP Cryptopsy (1992-2006)

Now people understand what I go through when In Flames comes out with a new record. Fuck.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA I feel your pain dude.

This is seriously NOT what I was expecting.

Someone please give me back my ol' kickass Crypstopsy for the love ov Satan

I'm kinda disappointed, but no one put them a gun on their heads, want to assume they like whatever the fucking christ they're doing.... *sigh*

I am listening to Once Was Not right now, there's really no indication here that they were going to turn gay the way they have. The only real drawback on OWN was the vocals since Lord Worm wasn't as he used to be on None So Vile.

I am listening to Once Was Not right now, there's really no indication here that they were going to turn gay the way they have. The only real drawback on OWN was the vocals since Lord Worm wasn't as he used to be on None So Vile.

The only indication that I've seen is that the rest of the band wanted him to turn down his vocals to try and keep the DiSalvo fanbase in-tact, while retaining his own fanbase. If you listen to the pre-production version of Carrionshine that's posted somewhere on the Cryptopsy site, Worm sounds a lot more similar to his None So Vile vocals than the actual finished version that was on Once Was Not.

I downloaded the Carrionshine demo a long time ago when it was posted on the website, but I've since deleted it. Can't really remember how it sounded.

From Blabbermouth:

"[I'm] very disappointed to see how closed-minded some of our fans are. We started extreme metal and now we are doing it even more then before, extreme dynamically. When you listen to the full album, you will understand or not. Never has CRYPTOPSY been soo fast and agressive and at the same time generated feel in metal songs, wow. Not an achievement to you, it seems, but something extremely hard to do. If you get it or not, that's up to you, but people judge fast and I can guarantee that if you open your mind a little, you'll understand and be in awe. No change, then just vote for Bush again while you're at it. You know, [I'm] not an angry person by nature, but god, open your ears."

Meh.

The fact that he actually compared not liking shitty music to voting for Bush makes me lose a good deal of respect right there. Possibly the worst attempt at redemption I've ever seen. I think he missed the point that these clips would sound like shit regardless of what band name they were associated with.

I think that I might be a little less harsh on this new stuff if they weren't trying to call it CRYPTOPSY. I mean, as metalcore it's okay, but not as grind. I WILL probably give this new album at least one listen though. We'll see.

Still not digging the first two songs though.