New Cyhra Album 2018-2019

While I can see that, I still feel that he was "better" while touring. Didn't all of his issues begin again after they made a stop in their tour? Or am I wrong?

I can't really remember, but I know he only toured with them a little bit at the beginning before dropping out. He's been replaced by some other guy for a really long time now.

I'm really curious as to whether Jake knew about The Halo Effect and what his feelings are on it. I think if I was him I'd be a little pissed off either way. Jake has always backed Jesper even after he disappeared from the band and had nothing but good things to say about him. Maybe it's all amicable and Jake is happy for Jesper to move on, considering Cyhra has a pretty stable line up without him now, but Jesper was the main reason a lot of people were even interested in Cyhra in the first place.

Jake has been doing lots of things on his ownñ. Collaborations and some solo songs (or something like that).

Yeah, they've been apart for 2 years now according to their FB update though so I guess he's just been doing that out of neccessity. Maybe Cyhra will just fade away.

They want to be the new Iron Maiden. But, Iron Maiden was not made of thin air. It was a lot of effort and reputation and differentation along with quality. I really don't see a melodic metal band as being able to reach to people the way that Iron Maiden does.

I was expecting a lot more from Euge in the last album. There were some really good guitar passages in places, but the song structures and general album flow were really sub-standard. The album was far too sterile, not enough creative risks taken. One of the things I liked about Letters to Myself was that it felt unique. They weren't afraid to take risks with song structures and the album felt quite fresh. It wasn't perfect but created a good foundation to build on. NHIH didn't do that at all, though, it pretty much just took a shit on those foundations.

I've heard some of Euge's solo works and I'm not interested at all in his music.

I haven't really listened to any of his stuff outside of Cyhra, but the teasers he'd been posting before the album release sounded good.

I find his work extremely boring.

No doubt he can play, but to this moment I didn't hear anything good he composed.

Reactions: eochaid
I find it so... Lack of personality... He can play well but his music is boring and has been done before by better musicians

Reactions: A88
Yeah, listened to some of his solo stuff today and it's technically competent but not all that interesting. Jesper just has an incredible knack for writing catchy melodies and hooks, it seems like it's just a natural ability for him.

Reactions: A88 and eochaid
Every man can write a guitar harmony, but it just so happens that Jesper is best at it.

Unfortunately, he is also a highly dysfunctional addict.

Pretty much. In a way it's a miracle we got as much we did out of him during the IF years. Anything he gives us now is pretty much a bonus. He doesn't owe any of us anything after TJR/Whoracle/Colony/Clayman.

Reactions: eochaid and A88
That is true. Most musicians only do have up to five really good albums in them.

I think it's unlikely Jesper will give us another great album from Cyhra, as he seems pretty disconnected from that band these days. With The Halo Effect, though, who knows? I'd say it's the best shot we have of another great Jesper-inspired album, surrounded by people he knows and trusts. It's just a case of where his interests lie nowadays. His post-Clayman IF stuff was still good, but not necessarily great, and he hasn't shown any inclination he has much of a desire to go back to the MDM days.