New DECAPITATED !!!!

lurch70

Sep 27, 2002
NYC
Earache just posted a link to a track (The Fury) from the new DECAPITATED release (Feb. 2004) ...

http://www.earache.com/bands/decapitated/mp3/the_fury.mp3

This is relentless, fucking brutal stuff ... God I love these guys !!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

The production is nice and thick also ... I cannot wait for this !!!!

I am surprised there was never much talk of these guys here. Their previous one, NIHILITY is in my Top 10 Death Metal albums ever. Brilliant, technical, brutal stuff !!!

lurch70 said:
I am surprised there was never much talk of these guys here.
You know, other than NAD and Papa Josh, I don't think we have a huge history with Death/Grind Metal in our ranks. For what it's worth, I don't think I've ever heard any Decapitated, but I'm all eyes and ears for further discussion.

And I'm not the most well-versed in grind anyhow... but I did just put on Carcass - Peel Sessions! :lol:

Listening to the mp3 right now, it's pretty good. Is Nihility the place to start with these dudes then?

Decapitated is by no means grind ... pure brutal death metal. The whole band started at the ripe age of 16, suposedly all music school graduates gone wrong :)

I think all of you on this board would enjoy Nihility immensly ... take my word for it on this one.

lurch70 said:
I think all of you on this board would enjoy Nihility immensly ... take my word for it on this one.
I find Nihility great beyond words. I think it's probably the best death metal album to come out in the last ten years.

The new track is awesome by the way.

I find Nihility great beyond words. I think it's probably the best death metal album to come out in the last ten years.
That is definetelly true. I cannot myself think of another record that blew me away as much as Nihility in the last few years. After dozens of listens it still sounds as fresh as ever and has something new to offer on every listen.

But based on the above download, looks like the new one might be more straightforward and less technical.

Again, ALL OF YOU SHOULD OWN NIHILITY !!!!

The new album has been leaked. One entire listen and all I can say is that it's fucking amazing. Five days in and we already got our 2004 album of the year. Gee, that was easy... :)

Well after hearing the entire record (thanks to a certain person on this forum :) ) ..I can say that it is definetelly more straightforward and accessible than NIHILITY.

This is not a band thing, just different.

Lying and Weak and the steamroller riff of The Negation are definetelly stand outs and again ... this disc is sure to please everyone on this board.

As a sidenote, I seem to have the same problem with this disc as with the Vital Remains one. Suaron, as Benton does not seem to know when to shut up on certain songs and let them breathe in all their glory ... what is it with this mouthful of growls with these guys????

Well after a couple of extended listens to this new one, it leaves me a little cold. Nihilty is a hard record to follow up and like I mentioned earlier even after a year of owning it and listening to it dozens of times I still hear new things in it.

The Negation after a few listens, bores me already. Besides, The fury, The Negation and Lying and Weak the rest sound a little pedestrian.

Not sure if it was just laziness on the bands part or a push on Earache's part to make them write more "straightforward" tracks to break them out .. but this record does not have that in your face quality as Nihility did. Dare I say ... take out Sauron's growls and some passages sound almost nu-metallish :ill:

Again, this is not a bad release at all, but after Nihilty it feels very lazy and almost rushed.

What about their debut? That's on sale for $9.
Well worth it ...

so will we see an influx of "sellout" threads on UM?
not a sellout, just lazy me feels ... i think they used up all their great riffs on Nihility :ill:

but I have faith in thse guys and know they still have something brilliant left in them

They're off and Exhumed has taken their place.
This is what I heard also, although their site still claims they are on. I hate official sites that are not updated properly :err:

Have some great bootlegs of Decap from last years Euro tour and the Milwaukee Metalfest and they crush live ... real awesome live band.

So hopefully the pollacks will be able to secure a good tour to come to the States ... although this new album is real ASS! :erk: