Decapitated(new song out!)

I just kind of put that part in because it sounded good. :p

They had a good riff in there, but it didn't save the song. I consider Cryptopsy to be pretty much "superior" death metal because they just sound so classy to me that they're a cut above the rest. In terms of "modern" death metal, I don't like listening to bands with production that is too "cleaned up." You have to be well-produced, but it still has to have a "real" element. I think maybe Decapitated used to have this, but this song sounds too "cleaned-up." Same for bands like Behemoth, although they have it even moreso.

I see your point, but whether it sounds real or not doesn't affect too much my appreciation of a song.

Henrik Main said:
I like it. It's more in the vein of Nihility than The Negation, which is a major plus, considering Nihility is more or less flawless.

Although I'd say it's not really flawless, Nihility is a fantastic album. Totally underrated and unjustly ripped on.

I'll listen to the new song later though ...

AsModEe said:
I see your point, but whether it sounds real or not doesn't affect too much my appreciation of a song.

It's supposed to sound brutal. The production keeps it from sounding brutal.

AsModEe said:
I don't understand the whining about the production and the drum. It just all sounds good to me. The sound is clear and everything is loud and clear, and the drumming is pretty okay to me too. What's to criticize about?
That guitar tone is so bad though, it sounds like something Pantera or Machine Head would record but with even less bite. Death metal guitars ought to sounds vicious and dark, not like that. And the drums are played ok, but the triggering takes away any sense of enjoyment for me.

Yeah, if I knew anything whatsoever about drum production maybe this is where I would point the song out as an example of triggered drums used poorly.