New Decapitated Song.

Seizure.

Jul 13, 2005
holland
www.seizure-music.com
http://www.empire-records.com.pl/mp3/decapitated-a poem about an old prison.mp3

i have always liked decapitated and there sound especially but how do we all like this new song?o_O

and do any of you guys have an idea how they get the guitar sound the way they do?

If I'm not mistaken he uses a RAN guitar like Trey Of Morbid Angel does and live he's got a simple BOSS DS-1 in front of his amp (which changes quit alot.. from 5150, Marshall's to triple/dual rectifiers..)

my bet is a triple rectifier... but would the guitar make alot of difference? anyone?

:headbang:

I think he plays an EMG 81 in the bridge and the Nihility album was Peavey XXX I think, now he uses the XXX with a Orange 4x12 Cabinet often but other amps, too.
A good friend of mine saw them, they used Triple Rectos (their new guitar player plays one in Sceptic I think)
I like the Decapitated guitar sound sooooo much, it's great!

Those Orange 4x12 Cabinets slay in spite of their color... My two cents...

man than new tune is killer, I really like vog's thrash influenced grindy riffs :headbang:

Definately sounds like a xxx to me, if it's not it has pretty much an indentical top-end to the xxx voicing.

Sounds a bit tighter than my triple xxx setup though, so maybe he's not using v30's (his tone sounds more like the xxx trough a marshall 1960a to me)

Either way can't wait for the new album :cool:

The guitars sounds stunning on that song!! i like the whole mix, but have no clue what cabs and heads been used on the song.. probably something with the words "mesa" and "boogie" in it.. or peavey.. who knows..

kickass song though..

Black neon bob said:
kickass song though..

Indeed.

There's something always there with their guitar sound. It's hard to decribe, but open chords and especially when there's those quick sliding chords.. they sound so juicy and saturated.

I prefer the Winds Of Creation guitar tone over the newer albums. It just has a more raw sound to it. Although the newer albums like The Negation and Nihility have a "tighter" tone, which I love as well, I just feel as though the tone he had on Winds was perfect for the application. I think it's the presence of more mids in the newer albums that I don't like. I dunno.

All that said, I am also curious to know what he used on that clip. I've been really wanting to try something different lately to get a beefier tone. 5150, Dual Rectifier, and XXX just aren't cutting it anymore for me. Although they kick ass in the studio for the clients, I'm just hankering for something different than the same 'ol crunch.

~006

006 said:
I prefer the Winds Of Creation guitar tone over the newer albums. It just has a more raw sound to it. Although the newer albums like The Negation and Nihility have a "tighter" tone, which I love as well, I just feel as though the tone he had on Winds was perfect for the application. I think it's the presence of more mids in the newer albums that I don't like. I dunno.

All that said, I am also curious to know what he used on that clip. I've been really wanting to try something different lately to get a beefier tone. 5150, Dual Rectifier, and XXX just aren't cutting it anymore for me. Although they kick ass in the studio for the clients, I'm just hankering for something different than the same 'ol crunch.

~006
i have all 3 that are out so far.... winds, nihility, negation.... love them all. not sure how more mids = less raw. and what is "raw", and how is it quantified? are you saying that "scooped" is "raw"? because in reality, "scooping" the mids not only makes guitars less clear, it is also using more processing than leaving the mids in. the conclusion: more mids is more "raw".

Vogg uses Ran Guitars, he used marshall heads on tour with us (Dam), Two in fact with two cabs either side of the stage. One of the Heads was definately a JCM 900.

They are increadibly tight, in fact one of the tightest bands I have ever seen. Its what they do for a living so they have a lot of time to hone their talents.

"Winds of Creation is one of the sickest death metal albums ever recorded... And how old were those fuckers on that album?!!"

Vitek was 16, I think vogg, Martin and Sauron were 18.

All I can say is that they are some of the most pleasant guys around, and the new singer Covan is doing a great job, I think he is actually has more range with his voice than Sauron ever did.

This new stuff sounds amazing!

Good luck to them cos they deserve it.

Dan.

Nitronium Blood said:
HEIL SNEAP!

Dressing up like Hitler in school isn't cool dude.

tn_815554cartman.jpg

To Mr. Murphy...I see your point. It's just how I've always described guitars, less mids to me is more raw *sounding*. I think of it that way because I think of the way a guiitar amp usually sounds in a garage when a band is practicing, and can hardly be heard typically...that is "raw" to me.

Anyway, for that type of music, the presence of more mids just...I dunno, to me it doesn't work like the tone he had on Winds. I don't know of another way to describe it. Meh?

~006

I just saw Decapitated last night and they totally blew my mind. I've been wondering as well what guitar rig they used, especially on The Negation, as I think that album sounds amazing.

Last night they had the dual marshall rig going, but also shared the backline (heads included) with Vader and Dew Scented, so that's no help in determining what they're using in the studio these days. heh. triple xxx someone said? interesting...I saw suffocation using these heads recently as well.

saying a mid-scooped sound is more processed is kind of silly. different amps, in fact the SAME amp in different settings can give you vastly different levels of midranged sound. take my rectifier recording pre for instance...in "vintage voicing" there's a huge midboost over the "modern" voicing. if I record in "modern" I don't need to scoop the mids at all, if in fact that's the sound I'm going for.

the nice thing about more mids in the guitar tone is that if you have a good player (and decapitated's guitarist is fucking amazing) you have a lot more clarity and can hear what they're doing better.

btw that new track sounds to me like meshuggah on meth...not that this is a bad thing, I just suspect there was some of those swede's influence; on this track at least.

and does anyone else find it tacky that Vader had their new album or EP playing as the house music in between bands at their own show?